nuksoocow

Feb 9, 2015
Hi guys I'm new to the forum
I'm having problems with my imx6 box dual core with xbmc 12.2 I recently had a boot problem and sent it back to seller and they did a firmware update I think, when I received it back it had a new interface menu everything was setup and I had to do the the usual wifi settings and stuff,
Anyway it has not played any streams properly since everything is out of sync, basically anything near hd won't play right I've tried uninstalling to reinstalling then tried kodi 14.1 same issue tried acceleration settings as best as I could with no joy, the seller won't get back to me there must be something I can do to rectify this
I would really appreciate any fix that you guys might have.
box info:
Android: 4.2.2
kernel: 3.0.50 Ubuntu@ubuntu
build: jdq39.20131124
Hope this helps thanks guys.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We're the seller. If we've not got back to you about it, then its possible your msg has been filtered to the wrong folder accidentally. Assuming you purchased it from DroidBOX.co.uk, or if via Amazon/eBay, then the seller would be listed as xbmcgadgetshub or DroidBOXinUK .
Are you around the device during office hours at all? I'd like to take a look at one of the files on your iMX6, see if we can modify a couple of settings to improve the buffering/stuttering. If you'll be around 9am-6pm Monday - Friday, visit https://DroidBOX.co.uk and start a chat at the bottom of the page in the Zopim widget. Ask for Chris if you don't get me.
In the meantime, can you open the YouTube add-on in XBMC first, and watch a video, make a note of whether you get the same video playback issues or not. Then exit XBMC, and open the YouTube application and see if you get the same problems again or not. If we can narrow down when this issue does and doesn't occur, hopefully we'll be able to find a suitable fix/tweak to apply.
PS If you've previously been sending messages to the seller via eBay/Amazon, contact us directly ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ .

nuksoocow

Feb 9, 2015
We're the seller. If we've not got back to you about it, then its possible your msg has been filtered to the wrong folder accidentally. Assuming you purchased it from DroidBOX.co.uk, or if via Amazon/eBay, then the seller would be listed as xbmcgadgetshub or DroidBOXinUK .
Are you around the device during office hours at all? I'd like to take a look at one of the files on your iMX6, see if we can modify a couple of settings to improve the buffering/stuttering. If you'll be around 9am-6pm Monday - Friday, visit https://DroidBOX.co.uk and start a chat at the bottom of the page in the Zopim widget. Ask for Chris if you don't get me.
In the meantime, can you open the YouTube add-on in XBMC first, and watch a video, make a note of whether you get the same video playback issues or not. Then exit XBMC, and open the YouTube application and see if you get the same problems again or not. If we can narrow down when this issue does and doesn't occur, hopefully we'll be able to find a suitable fix/tweak to apply.
PS If you've previously been sending messages to the seller via eBay/Amazon, contact us directly ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ .
Thanks for getting back to me
I think Im wasting your time I bought this box from an irish seller who has put their own wizard on,
I didn't purchase it from you's maybe I'm on the wrong forum I was just looking for someone who might have had this problem before,
I tried youtube on xbmc it had stutter with bad sync and then youtube on app the box which played perfect. So its obviously a setting in xbmc which I haven't been able to solve, if you have any info that might be able to help I would greatly appreciate it
kind regards
Richie.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Is it definitely a DroidBOX device? It is possible that a reseller in Ireland sold it to you. Let me know the details and I can check for you. Search for, install and open SPMC from the Play Store app at google, if the problems go away, let your seller know you've fixed the issue, but want his add-on as a ZIP to install in SPMC. That's how I'd approach it anyway. (This assumes you want his Wizard, if not, then ignore me!)