Earwig

Jun 7, 2018
Hi everyone, I live in the UK and need advice on what android tv devices work well over wi-fi. A wired ethernet connection is not an option unfortunately. At the moment I have an old rk 3368 box which is only receiving 5mbps and sitting here my tablet and phone are receiving around 65mbps. All I want is something capable of streaming tv and watching films over wi-fi. I have been trying unsuccessfully for weeks to get a simple answer. So please, what devices are proven best for this. Thanks.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It will be no surprise to hear that people on here will recommend boxes supplied by Droidbox - this is their user forum.
But a few pointers which apply to any machine.
1. Generally on these types of devices don't expect the same level of WiFi reception as on devices like phones and tablets. It is however, good enough.
2. strength of WiFi signal is important. The further away from the router, the more likely the signal will drop. Especially if in another room. I have resolved this in my house where the spare box is in a bedroom by using WiFi extenders around the house to boost the signal. You can also attach the box to the extender by ethernet to reduce further drop out.
Good luck.

S Cristian

Cris
Staff member
Dec 20, 2016
London
droix.co.uk
Earwig,

I agree with @Nigelar ; However, we do sport the brand-new T8-SE which comes with a 5dB Wi-Fi Antenna, which is pretty impressive in terms of speed.
Don't take my word for it; Let the performance speak for itself. Product HERE

Let us know if you have any questions