Banger

Dec 29, 2014
i have had 16 months of happy viewing xmbc. (Phoenix, U.K. Turks etc)

I'm not techie minded, however a colleague at work said add 'Spitfire' it's great, so I found an add on and installed but it has replaced my xmbc and wasn't working satisfactorily- couldn't find anything of use.
My son has played around and got the xmbc back on somehow, but it is laggy, slow and forever crashing. Today I was clinking on a Phoenix sport link for Leicester v West Ham, but it played the game for 1 sec then crashed out back to the home page of the droidbox, then had to try and start xmbc but takes several attempts to reboot xmbc.

Any ideas how I get back to what was a really well working xmbc? Is there a way of factory resetting? (Don't want to lose show box!)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
X7 factory reset instructions are in this droidbox faq

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/accessing-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/?s=x7+res

Before considering a reset you might want to consider updating xbmc (if that is what you are running) to a least kodi 14.2 or 15.2.
Also delete temp files, unused apps, anything that could consume processing power.

If you reset it will reset to the last firmware update or to a factory state if no firmware update done. If showbox was preinstalled as part of the original firmware it will likely still be there (albeit an old version requiring update). If not you will need to download from their site or droidbox market.

Reactions: ChrisM