Pauladev

Oct 1, 2014
I have been running my daily entertainment quite successfully for almost a year now, with occasional advice from Chris when I got off track. I am still on Gotham 13.2 on the principle of if it works don't mess with it. However today, I switched on as usual, only to find that the box, once live,was playing a looped jingle about 'watching movies on tv'. This continued whatever screen I went to and was only switched off by volume down or use button, which was a problem as I couldn't listen to anything I tried to watch.
I tried every combination of setting, program etc, and switched input source several times but it kept going. I even exited XBMC, but soon as I fired it up agsin, the annoying jingle came back.
So strange I thought I would ask on here if anyone had t the like.
I have shut everything down and disconnected the ether net, and am watching Kodi 25 on my laptop. It may be time to throw caution to the winds and try to for an upgrade on my M8 to Kodi.

Pauladev

Oct 1, 2014
Sorry I missed your query. Oddly the next day it was all back to normal, and has been the same ever since, except that buffering continues to be a problem, and perhaps getting worse.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Try clearing cache, you can do this in Kodi by going to program, more program's (Program add-ons) and then Xunity maintenance, and in here you can clear cache which can help.
I would do this after you finish on Kodi so it keeps it running ok.
Also if you have the news feed at the bottom of your screen, go to system, Appearrance, then on your right near the bottom unhighlight the 'show RSS news feeds. This should help with your buffering too.
Hope this helps and enjoy