Shivan

Oct 10, 2014
my droid box is faulty. When switched on the screen is blank and not showing anything.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Does your X7's power supply have an LED on it, if so does it turn on?
Does the X7's LED (on the power button) come on at all?

If the LEDs do light up, try a different HDMI socket on your TV, a different HDMI cable or a different TV.

If the LEDs never light up at all, send us an e-mail ( [email protected] ) with a link to this thread - http://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/1384 - your order number and the postcode your order was delivered to.

Shivan

Oct 10, 2014
Hi when I switch it on only the power light comes on and then it says droid box on the screen which then turns in to a blank screen I cannot do anything else as its just a blank screen.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Please check this blog post - How To Access Your DroidBOX's Recovery Menu . Once the recovery menu is on screen, select the Wipe data/factory reset option, and confirm you're certain.
Once you've rebooted at the end, assuming the devices does now boot up completely, proceed through any set up screens that appear, and if asked, select which launcher you want to use. Once you see the launcher's homescreen, please don't click on anything or turn the X7 off for 20 minutes. Then open XBMC, and run the DroidBOX Wizard, noting the new procedure required for the end of this process - DroidBOX Wizard Update - October 2014

If that doesn't work, e-mail us ( [email protected] ) with a link to this thread - http://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/1396 , and include your order details (Amazon/eBay/DroidBOX order number, the name/account name of the person who purchased it originally and your postcode please). A firmware flash may recover your device. If it doesn't, and the purchase was within 12 months, we'll repair/replace it for you.