NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Just updated the box via OTA. Ran droidbox games market, rebooted, blue island picture. Had to wipe the box again. Grr!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
This happened to me after installing the same, steered well clear of it since.

Reactions: angela

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I got the blue screen of death well b4 Christmas so not much has changed since, just stay away from the games market is the only advice I can give you;)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Know exactly what you mean, I thought I had my new box with diff versions of kodi sorted. Then BOOM!! RESTORE!!:(

Tractorboy

Jan 29, 2016
Wish I'd seen this post after I'd upgraded. Had to factory reset after using games market. Not happy. Given it was a known problem why did they still push out the app and advertise in their OTA update email.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pjeff18 and sean99

jrmgolem

Nov 4, 2015
I have a blue island picture full screen, cannot get any menus or anything to help me reboot.

Is there a way to start in safe mode?

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
If device is stuck on Blue screen then please follow the below video to factory reset your device:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Why are DB pushing an update out that is setting us users up for a pretty big fall???? It's not like a restore takes a couple of minutes and your device is back to how it was before the blue island, you then have to put your config back on and very time consuming indeed!!

David Smyth

Mar 10, 2016
As I'm new to all this I was pleased with myself that I had just updated to Kodi 16 and got things set up as I wanted it. Unfortunately I then ran the OTA update and got the blue island screen so had to carry out a factory reset. Took 2 hours to get back to where I was before the update. Really not happy. So being very careful where I click until I know what causes the problem.

Reactions: pjeff18

pjeff18

Feb 2, 2016
On my third box and the blue island is back and I haven't even installed droidbox play market . Droidbox the
T8-S plus is quite simply PANTS!

Fail fail fail nothing more to say , real shame as the hardware specs and your support is very good but the box itself needs removing from the market or will bankrupt you via returns trust me it's not fit for purpose not until your sort it permanently.

Regards
Paul

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 168
Reactions: Tractorboy

Severin

Mar 13, 2016
Brand new T8-S Plus box just arrived , booted up and updated OTA. Ive just turned it back on and now I have the same blue island screen too. What's going on?

Ste Marsh

Jan 5, 2015
Wish I'd read this before I updated. Same blue screen. Now won't factory reset and may have to send back. Thanks for the three emails that encouraged me to update.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Wish I'd read this before I updated. Same blue screen. Now won't factory reset and may have to send back. Thanks for the three emails that encouraged me to update.
Gutted for you.. How far does it get when you try a factory reset?

Ste Marsh

Jan 5, 2015
Was getting E: Cannot load volume/misc!
But then started in Open Elec and rebooted to Android from there and after about 15 mins of the beehive loading screen it rebooted thankfully. But thanks for your concerns.
Oh yeah ordered a droidbox gamepad today....hmmm..if it is droidbox play that's causing it then maybe a waste of money.lol

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
I count 7 unique users with this problem in this thread. 1 ran droid play market.... did all of you?

I took a punt on the OTA last night. It seems ok but I haven't touched the market as I know this is not yet good.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
I think I got the cannot load volume thing when I cleared the cache! All OK for the remainder of reset though. I defo ran play market on mine thinking it would be sorted to use on the PLUS. It would be nice to have an official word on it though. All seems quiet!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Have any of you chaps contacted droidbox support directly at

[email protected] along with your original order number

Or started a live chat session from the main droidbox page.

If you do, report back here so other users know what you've been told.