pjeff18

Feb 2, 2016
Hope this helps - official reply from Andrew at Droidbox:

Hello,

sorry about an issue. We are looking for the bug and will be working on the fix. It will be released with next OTA Update. By that time the only way to keep everything working is to make a factory reset of the device and to keep the device on, without restarting it or turning it off. See this video for instructions on how to factory reset the device -
The OTA Update will be announced by the email to our customers.

So it would seem so not turn the box off never. That's fine until next update if we are talking a day or so but we all get power cuts so hope I don't as just installed everything again

Reactions: Nigelar

Severin

Mar 13, 2016
I did a hard reset and reinstalled everything. Will be avoiding the OTA update button from now on

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Been fine since removing games market. Wonder why they aren't advising to uninstall it?

Tractorboy

Jan 29, 2016
I did the same and removed the games market after I did a factory reset. Touch wood it's been OK since.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

AdamF

Feb 29, 2016
This doesn't sound good, only had my box a couple of weeks & don't want this happening to mine. What steps can I take to avoid it? Don't run OTA update and update the box? Uninstall the games market? (Don't use it anyway)

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We did test the firmware with different devices prior to release, including on my own device at home. Why this happened to some customers I don't yet know personally. The update is offline until this is resolved, we'll post back with more info ( http://DroidBOX.co.uk/blog will probably publish the news first).

pjeff18

Feb 2, 2016
Dear Admin
When are you going to release a new OTA update that sorts this issue? It was suggested last weekend and nothing, now we are a week on and still nothing .... I haven't turned my box off and fingers crossed its ok but power cut and I will have to reinstall everything .

Please can we have this sorted ASAP and a new OTA released, in the meantime please update us when it is expected.

Thanks

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Jeff, do you definitely know you ran games market? If you didn't you should be OK.. Don't quote me on it though!

pjeff18

Feb 2, 2016
Niko I don't think it's anything to do with games market as when mine did it I hadn't even been on games market. I went to openelec and then back to android then turned it off and when I switched it back on it went to blue island pic.

It needs sorting as we should be able to use everything the box has without being worried about it crashing and reinstalling everything .

I have backed all my apps up now. And moved the backup file to my hard drive

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Totally agree with you about it needs sorting of course. I've had my fair share of frustrations with it believe me. Bluetooth not working, won't shut down just reboots, HDD keeps losing itself, now location on my homescreen has stopped working!.. Can't recommended the PLUS I'm afraid..