adime

Aug 28, 2017
Hi Guys,

As per the title. The blue light (Power button) on the front panel is quite bright and a bit annoying when watching something at a night time. Is there a programmatic way to switch it off / dim?

Or we left with sticking something on top it... :(

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Stick something on top of it is the solution.
Funny, it has never ever bothered me.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
There is no way to switch off the LED, but a piece of black electrical tape does the job perfectly. I have it on various electrical items to cover bright LEDs.

Reactions: sean99

adime

Aug 28, 2017
Yep, i know it, use it, it's my best friend. Electrical tape in various colours and shapes all the way ;-)

Was worth asking though!

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I opened the box and pushed the bulb back with a screwdriver. OK now.
Hi

Please take a note that this is not recommended method as the LED still remains the active and just in case if notification information needed it could not be easily detectable.

I would recommend to keep the tape instead ,just in case to monitor light from the power from time to time if something would be to occur with the box like the sudden power cut or similar.

Regards

Greenback

Jan 2, 2015
I have the problem of not being able to switch off my Droidbox,sometimes,what i mean by that is the blue light at the
front of the Droidbox,the power button,will not go to Red in colour,the only way to get it working is to disconnect
at the mains.Got told i had to disable CEC option in settings.