Jun 21, 2015
I have just bought a T8s and installed the drive. I have version 5.08 of openelec but cannot find the format HDd option in system! Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Hi, if you go across to system,under neath should be a tab that says openELEC click on this,
When you have system highlighted go across and scroll down to bottom option which is formatting HDD

Hope this helps.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You can also access via the Programs menu entry I think, at least on first boot (as it is in place already, doesn't require our Wizard to install it first). After that, if the Confluence skin is used, it'll be there.

Jun 21, 2015
You can also access via the Programs menu entry I think, at least on first boot (as it is in place already, doesn't require our Wizard to install it first). After that, if the Confluence skin is used, it'll be there.
No joy I'm afraid, under openelec /settings / system /reset to defaults/ there is no HDd option neither could I find one under your suggestion. Just so you have all the info the drive was a brand new out the packet with no previous formatting applied to it. Thank you for your responses.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you've got a desktop PC, do you have a spare SATA port on your motherboard? Might also be worth double checking the connection seems good, and the combined SATA plug looks OK with a light shone on it.
There is a new firmware going through testing, hoping to have result in next day or two, then it can be pushed out via the OTA app I believe. If you don't have a spare SATA power and data connecter you could test the drive with, I'd hang fire for that update, assuming your internet connection is OK for the download.

Jun 21, 2015
If you've got a desktop PC, do you have a spare SATA port on your motherboard? Might also be worth double checking the connection seems good, and the combined SATA plug looks OK with a light shone on it.
There is a new firmware going through testing, hoping to have result in next day or two, then it can be pushed out via the OTA app I believe. If you don't have a spare SATA power and data connecter you could test the drive with, I'd hang fire for that update, assuming your internet connection is OK for the download.
Hi, I can confirm the drive is not DOA, as I have a HDd docking station. The PCs disk management tool can see an unformatted,not initialised 1tb drive (931.51gb actual size) The Sata connector looks fine with no damage to the pinning. Will wait for the firmware upgrade. Thanks again for the response..

Jun 21, 2015
Would like a little bit more guidance with how to apply the firmware upgrade whilst in openelec using OTA - I must be missing something obvious? Anymore help would be appreciated

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I did this and it updated openelec the thing is it also reset my Kodi in android. Strange....
Boot the OpenELEC OS
Programs Menu
OpenELEC Configuration
Scroll down the System menu now shown, past the blue Backup title until you can see the Reset to Defaults section
Click Reset System Settings to defaults, click Yes, wait 30 seconds ish. Wait another 5 or 6!
System reboots back into OpenELEC automatically, OpenELEC config wizard re-appears, all downloaded add-ons etc have been wiped.

Dave

Jun 21, 2015
I had a response from Andrew with roughly the above information, the only bit was I had to also do was to select the 23 jun build info tab/box then it did its auto update. So I will re install and format my drive tonight and then try to work out how to save stuff to it.. Thanks people

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I tried my HDD and it didn't work, not sure if I have a problem with my openelec as with the HDD in it just keeps rebooting. Also with it out if I start looking around for something to watch it just crashes and then reboots.
Strange. I'll get it sorted I hope... Hope your goes well and enjoy.

Dave

Jinky_Uak

Jul 27, 2015
Hi,

I just received my T8-S today, spent ages setting it up in Sndroid and then used switch2openelec. It now boots on open eked every time and the power icon just knocks it off, I don't get the reboot into android option.

Is there another way?

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
I have the same problem, the power icon just blanks the screen and the box is still running until I press the physical power button. There doed not appear to be a way to switch back to android when running the confluence modded skin.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, did you run the openelec wizard.... as this is the one you should run. This normally is just the none modded confluence
Skin.
If not try powering off your box, then pressing the restore button by the USB ports (hold until the recovery menu shows)and clear cache and reboot see if this takes you back to Android. Then in Android go setting, other, more setting and then Apps. Then scroll down to openelec and click here and clear data, wait for it to finish then go back to openelec and run the openelec wizard. Hopefully this will sort out your problem.

Good luck

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
Thanks for your help.

The Openelec one says beta on it and when I ran it there were very few addons I use actually on it, I didn't see addons like iplayer.

The modded skin does work with openelec, the only issues I have found is that you can't get back to android and the openelec settings page has the right side sub headings cut off but you can work out which one is which from the options within each one.

I have found there is no need to use the restore button, you can just use the fresh start option to restore openelec and clear the modded skin, or even run the beta wizard for openelec and then the power button works as it is supposed to, allowing you to reboot into android.

Reactions: David Savage