kevin byrne

Dec 27, 2014
Hi, I have an X7 box. I got help on here before Xmas as it went haywire and I did a factory reset, and reloaded my apps and all was ok.

This week, the box seems to have done its own factory reset twice as all my "new" apps have gone and all the stuff that was on there when I got the box reappeared. I deleted a lot of stuff and started reloading, only to be told that I had insufficient memory for all the stuff that I had already had on there before!!??

I've looked at the storage setting which shows the following:

Internal storage capacity 1.97gb, available 312mb, and the used memory is apps 136mb, cache 684kb miscellaneous 59mb. So question one is where is all the memory being used.

I also have "Nand Flash" memory capacity 3.74gb, available 2.4gb. 200mb is used by downloads, but when I click on the downloads it says there aren't any.

So, before I start reloading it again, do I need to manually reset it again? how do I download apps to the Nand flash as no option to do this is given?, and why do you think the box has gone back to original state twice in 2 days with no help from me.

Sorry for the long post but hope someone can help.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Might be worth trying (if you have a Windows PC and a microUSB cable) reflashing the firmware from https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-x7-and-x7-ultimate-devices.4876/ , if you can identify the exact type of X7 you have.
If you go to Settings>Apps>then open a few, can you move them to another location?
If not, and you've a microSD card to spare, pop that in and try the app moving sequence from above, again.
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/the-advert-stated-4-or-816gb-rom-i-see-a-lot-less-why/ has a little info on normal/NAND storage listed. Looks like NAND partition was for your docs/files/videos/etc. Might be able to change the partition sizes, but out of my comfort zone there.

kevin byrne

Dec 27, 2014
Chris - thanks - a stupid question, are there any links to show how/where to install the SD card, I've had a quick scan of the postings on here, but can't see anything.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Not sure if required, but I would turn the X7 off before putting the card in.

b351_06.jpg

I can't remember whether it needs to go in upside down, so push gently the first time. If you feel resistance increase, but the card continues to move, push in until it clicks into place. You might need long nails/something to (carefully) push it in the last few millimetres.

[edit]
It is labelled as a TF card slot in that image, TransFlash=very first version of microSD.