SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Okay I'm annoyed by the fact that after just 2 years or so t8 s v2 is discontinued, hopefully support continues. Mine never ota right, and now it refuses to do the final 17.6 libreelec update says no usb or sd card no matter what I do to it!

Anyway I'm thinking about retiring it to the bedroom but don't know what a good replacement box is. T8 se is still being reviewed good and bad and last I saw half the heads in hear don't own them so not really sure.

My t8 s v2 is still a great box most of the problems other than updates are the sources and kodi bs going on my only concern with it is when kodi gets to outdated it acts up and it's hard to tell sources addons or old kodi

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Kodi 17.x will run anything regardless of whether it is an android or librelec flavour.
So kodi is not the source of any problems you are experiencing. More likely, your assumption of bad or absent sources is correct.
A further issue may be addons no longer functioning because they are no longer maintained (there's been a further slew of developer cessations this past week).

I would raise a specific separate thread on the usb/sd card error and see if one of the Droidbox people can address it.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Could you tell me what the error message says when you try updating LibreELEC. What size SD Card/USB are you using, have you formatted it beforehand?

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Dave it's the same message that it gives if there's no sd card in the slot and sd cards I have tried my 64 figured that it might be to big went to another one going to double check that im using fat just moved 5 months ago so having a hell of a time finding all my sd cards

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Can you boot into Android and load the file manager and see if the SD card is showing at all? If possible, use a 32GB card as it might be too large.

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Yes they read on Android but my sd card acts funny sometimes I can't just plug in and read it I have to plug in the sd card reboot then the sd card shows up in Android always has done that but it also has always updated even with that glitch otherwise I can watch movies etc off sd cards just always have to reboot to recognize them

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Check to see if there is any dust etc in the SD card slot, try some compressed air in it to see if it dislodges anything.