Clak

Nov 30, 2015
Hi.

I recently received my T8 SE and was trying to disable the notification and navigation bars as these were annoying me when using apps unlike previous boxes.
I figured I'd install SuperSU binaries and use a root app to solve this - bad idea.

I've managed to brick the device - is there any way to download and re-flash the firmware as it won't boot. Any assistance in getting the firmware downloaded and solving this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.
Clak

Clak

Nov 30, 2015
Yes I have - from the recovery menu / reset button on the side. Just boots and hangs on 'DroidBOX' after the boot animation.

Clak

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd email DroidBOX directly and ask if they can provide a link to the firmware image, as there isn't one on the forum AFAIK.

If it is a ZIP file, you'll need to try and get into the Recovery Menu again.
If it is an IMG file, you'll need to use similar instructions to those found in the second section at https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-t8-s-plus-v1-devices.10001/ for the Amlogic USB Burning tool - DO NOT USE THE FIRMWARE FILES FROM THAT LINK!!! DIFFERENT MODEL ENTIRELY. That assumes the T8 SE has a USB socket that can be used for ADB etc (I've not got one of those models to test with, sorry).

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Clak - If you have not already, please email us at [email protected] with your order number or full name and post code the order was sent to so we can find your details. Include a link to this forum post and we will reply with further info. Thanks.