Michael

Aug 11, 2014
Hello

I am running kodi 14.2 but i could do with brightness/contrast control as its abit dark watching for eg tv shows in genesis. I have tried looking in the android settings but i cant seem to find it.

Any ideas please

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, while watching something, press the ok button on the remote this should bring the bottom sub menu up. Now go to the 'film reel' looking icon and press ok, there are adjustments here for contrast and brightness. After you set them to what you want go to the set as default at the bottom to set it.
Dave

Reactions: ChrisM

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Do you have a modded version if Kodi running, I'm running 14.1 and only the standard background (un-modded) and when I'm watching things I press the ok button and its in the sub menu. Maybe try the standard background to see if it helps you.
Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I have helix 14.2 and when I'm watching a movie I press the ok or menu button and on the bottom sub menu there's a movies reel icon, press there.
Strange you say its not...

Good luck

Michael

Aug 11, 2014
Iam also using 14.2 but when i press the movie reel i get a list of options but not brightness contrast

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
It should be there set at 50, just go on them and adjust.
At this moment I'm on my T8 running helix 14.1 where there not much difference between them.
I've running 14.2 on my hudl2 and 15.0 on my laptop. I will check them tomorrow.

Good luck and hope you find it soon.

Michael

Aug 11, 2014

http://tinypic.com/r/2yo8s53/8

Here what shows in the moviereel options. As you can see brightness nor contrast are shown mate

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Check in system then appearance, setting and make sure its set up right.
Also check system, video and check your settings here.
When you do this make sure you set the setting level to expert so it shows all settings.
Hope this helps and I will check my hudl2 (helix 14.2) and get back tomorrow.

Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hello again, just checked and its there on mine, must be something to do with your tv not letting any adjustments of brightness and contrast.
Very strange, let see what SilentlyScreaming has to say on this and sorry I could not help you. Please let me no if you find out what it is.
Here's a pic of mine and as you can see its there...maybe check the settings in android to see it you can make adjustments there. Also check your tvs instructions too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
Reactions: Michael

Michael

Aug 11, 2014
I tried the SPMC 14.2 and now it shows the brightness and contrast controls in the movie reel. Its strange it doesnt give me this option in kodie 14.2.

On a side note, if anyone updates their spmc to 14.2 make sure you untick rklibstagefright otherwise the playback will give you vertical lines all over your tv.

Thanks for your help though mate.

Marcar

Apr 2, 2015
I tried the SPMC 14.2 and now it shows the brightness and contrast controls in the movie reel. Its strange it doesnt give me this option in kodie 14.2.

On a side note, if anyone updates their spmc to 14.2 make sure you untick rklibstagefright otherwise the playback will give you vertical lines all over your tv.

Thanks for your help though mate.

So glad you have a fix for this as the video is almost not watchable and like you could see no options within the film reel icon to change

Marcar

Apr 2, 2015
Hi any advice how to get SPMC 14.2 onto my D7 (having tried this before was a nightmare so thought this time ask someone who knows)

Marcar

Apr 2, 2015
Thanks Michael done that so I now put this on a usb stick add to my box and then just run as a app?