Paul990

Jul 27, 2014
Hi people i think i may bit stupid here but for some reason i can't get my new box to connect on the wifi side can somebody tell me what i am doing wrong have imputed the password at leat 5 times with no joy but will work on the Ethernet but is to far away for me to keep it on

Paul990

Jul 27, 2014
Well have to give up cant keep it connected on the wifi oh well back to my old M8S box for now

jimr1104

Sep 28, 2015
Have u tried going on internet search on google sometimes parental lock comes on bt just disable it when bt hub option comes up on internet search hope this helps...

Paul990

Jul 27, 2014
Hi yep done all that even done reboot it will connect to wifi if i take Ethernet cable out but if i turn it off and on it loses it again so i don't think it is my router as my other 3 boxes 1/ IMX6 and 2/M8s boxes all work fine

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Some devices can be a bit choosy and will only connect via WPS. Go on wireless settings on your box and forget the connection to your wireless network, if it then connects to BTfon or BTopenzone automatically forget those too and reboot your media box. Try pressing the "WPS button" on the home hub 5 router it will start to flash, then go back to your media box and connect to your ssid wireless network ensuring you input the correct password from your router card on back. You should hopefully be good ;)
Code:
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44213/~/how-do-i-create-a-wireless-connection-to-my-hub-3,-hub-4-or-hub-5-using-wps%3F
Another worthy mention if you have not done so already is to split your WiFi network on the homehub 5 so your ssid then becomes two, one for the 2.4ghz bandwidth and one for the 5ghz THIS is the one you really should be connecting your streaming devices to wirelessly as it is much faster and handles the streams more efficiently, then keep the 2.4ghz wireless for your phones/tablets/laptops etc in the household. This explains how you acheive this here but there are other guides with a quick Google if you don't get on with this, so effectively all you need to do is add -2.4ghz to the end of the 2.4ghz band ssid so this is what you will see when searching wireless in your house and then obviously add -5ghz to the end of the 5ghz ssid band, once applied you will then see 2 wireless networks in your house but is now much clearer which is which, have fun :)
Code:
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/1403054/bt-home-hub-5-settings-guide-how-to-get-more-speed-and-make-it-less-annoying

Paul990

Jul 27, 2014
Hi there yep done WPS thing still no good . I'm no to sure about mucking around with the router

Last edited:

Paul990

Jul 27, 2014
UPDATE -well i tried splitting the two channels and guess what still no difference so i would now say that there is a problem with the box

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
If the box is too far away from the router it will drop the signal.
Please make sure that the box should not be too far away. If you can adjust the position of your router closer to the box, wifi signal will most probably not drop out.
Also you can try a wifi ranger extender to extend range of your wifi and see if that helps.