Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am getting so much buffering of late which if I leave it alone ends up with the picture freezing and as a fan of live sport you can imagine what a pain it is. Please does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can try, I have a very good internet speed around 40 Mbps, I have IPVanish installed and have tried force stopping Kodi and clearing the cache but that didn't help. Please if you know of any possible solution I'd love to know what to try, thank you

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A few things.
Have you run the speed test on the box itself? If not, run it a few times with the vpn running.
Are you using an ethernet connection which is always better than wifi?
But heres the main thing.
If all the above is ok, i have to say that free live sports streaming is very often an issue on kodi.
The issue is contention on the host servers as too many people try to grab the free streams. Little you can do other than find a more reliable stream from a known better performing addon. There are a few.

Another thing is to consider foreign language streams which because they are less popular can give better performance.

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hi Nigelar

Many thanks for your reply, yes I've run the speed test and am getting around 40mbps and am connected via Ethernet.

Yes I've been watching through Rising Tides though I understand he had problems recently with their sports channels and just recently been using Pure Sports from the Perks Media build, very good picture when it works though I usually lose the connection room after about 20 minutes or so. I'll certainly give the foreign channels a go, many thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I use both those usually with good results so they are 2 of the best. Yesterday i had a good stream on RT for the Swans v Huddersfield game second half In English.
First half i had to use a Bein feed in arabic.
"Hunt the good stream" is part of the price we (dont) pay for free streaming.