palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
Hi I have a sister who has a t8pluss and is uselss at maintiaining the addons ect .
Is there a way I can use my t8pluss or home computer to transfer a movie into her t8pluss or hardrive atatched to her t8pluss???? oh without using team viewr as it always times out for big files

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You could investigate using Google drive as a means of sharing the file with her (you upload it then you share the link with her to download).
I don't know if there are any restrictions on file size though. You will need to research.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
im basicaly transfering movies and shes hasnt a vpn and I didnt want a trail such as google
I was thinking more on the lien of the way I can acess my home computer using the t8pluss v1 , can I not do something simular but finding my sisters t8pluss or home computer using the internet?????

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
is there a device droid box sell or I can buy like a media hub at my sisters house that I can acess and transfer movies across to her????

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Dropbox is a file storage facility on t'internet. I don't use it or know an awful lot about how it works so suggested you investigate. After 30 days you will probably have to pay (or your sister since she is the one who doesn't update things) whatever the subscription price is.
In principle it will be similar to Google drive. There are probably lots of other similar services out there.

Reactions: palpatine

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Btw if she useless at maintaining things why not put one of Sean's builds on it and then just talk her through updates to that when needed.

Reactions: palpatine

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
believe me i cant be bothered being the droidbox docotor. I have a baby now lol. Just easier if I send her films I down load
Thanks though

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
drop box 15 squid a month for unlimited and a tener for 2tb. I think i need to find another way

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I use Backblaze. 4.95 pm unlimited back up and storage. Its really good.
Backs up all external drives and system too.
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I have a NAS drive linked to my network which can be seen by my Droidbox and my mac. I simply drop files onto it from Mac and then play them through my box.
Not sure if this is what you are asking though mate.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
so cant my sister have the nas drive and I can drop files into that wilst im at another adress????

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
If you want to drop files onto a drive whilst you are currently at a different address to be accessed from another address then your going down the route of Cloud Drives and cloud back up.
If you mean can you take the NAS drive to your address and find it on your system and drop files onto it to then take to your sisters - yes you can.
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I also use a WD cloud drive connected to my mac - the photos I take outside drop into that and I can access them when I get home or from work via Internet browser (cloud drive)
Maybe too much for what you are wanting to do. Maybe a simple USB drive connected - drop files on and then re-connect at your sisters. Simpler.
And possibly cheaper

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
You can access nAS through internet browser - but configuration via FTP and other protocol IMO isn't worth the hassle for simple file transfere. I personally wouldn't bother.
If its films you want to get to your sister then a simple USB drive or cloud I feel would be cheaper and easier. There are dedicated cloud drives also but again, it needs money spent and for what you need Id keep it as cheap as poss.
Just my views. I use both NAS and Cloud NAS along with Backblaze - all doing a certain roll.
Dave