benno

Oct 2, 2014
hello all

my mx2 (round one) will not connect via ethernet and really not sure what to do.it has been working for ages and now just stopped can connect via wifi just will not see the wired connection

benno

Oct 2, 2014
well the support email is a joke no response from ahmed anything you could do silentlyscreaming as you seem to be the only point of contact.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Whilst I wait for a response from the guys in the office, can I go through the obvious steps?
If you connect a laptop/other device with an ethernet port to the same cable that you're putting into the DroidBOX device, does the laptop connect OK?
You've already rebooted the modem/router that this lead connects to?
When turning the ethernet on, can you try specifically turning the WiFi off first?

benno

Oct 2, 2014
hello again i received my box back last week but the box still doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet.its not the cable as i have tried 2 and both cables are fine when i use them to connect my tv i have also tried two different routers,really not sure what the problem is but it must be the unit thats faulty and wasnt checked when returned just had the firmware reinstalled not really too happy having to pay for posting and to receive it back the same as i sent it

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'm looking into your device's history now, I'll update this post when I have a proper answer for you.
[edit]
OK, I've found most of the history. Please ignore the e-mail you were sent earlier, the staff member didn't research the history of your case or notice the actual specific fault.
I'll need to wait until the guys in the office come into work, and ask them to check the records there.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The device was checked in the office, sorry for the delay.
The Ethernet and WiFi connections were both found to be working. A standard cable was used, normal modem/router, DHCP, IP address was assigned automatically, video streams worked.

Can you try the device at a friend's house please?