Edgey

Mar 15, 2015
Lymm, Cheshire
I'm on Kodi 16.1 and have a sportsmania subscription. Its been working fine for a year but now none of the links work. I get a message similar to 'web request failed'. I can't get any of the other sports addon links to work. Could my ISP be blocking may access?. Would a VPN work?. I've had great help from this forum over the years. All help and recommendations welcomed by this technophobe.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you have a paid subscription to sportsmania then you should contact them first - it maybe their servers are down or there is a new version. They will best advise you whether a VPN is needed for their service.
In general, VPNs are needed more and more for sports viewing as isps under the direction the big players, geo block sports events.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I too have a sub for this. Its all working just fine. I have a VPN installed also.
Contact them coz it may be your end.
There is also a new update. And you have to re-set your login.
Hope this helps
Dave

Edgey

Mar 15, 2015
Lymm, Cheshire
Cheers guys. I updated it and all working fine. Apologies for being such a technophobe. I've no VPN yet. Are there any advantages to having one? Any reconsiderations?

Best wishes and thanks agagin

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
No worries at all. As for VPN - not needed for championship but prem - YES. I am currently using DigibitVPN - a new service at just £2 per month. I can only vouch for them as a user and my own experience. Customer support is excellent. The choice of VPN's is good and getting better. Realdebrid compatible (whitelisted)
As for speed - yes it does get throttled and only to be expected but Im getting between 40mb and 55mb at the moment so happy with it.

Join sportsmania forum as they are currently upgrading the service and we may not have to install a VPN soon.
Hope ive helped you
Dave