Plwm

Feb 26, 2019
Ok, so I received my T8 SE last week but can't get my phone or Tablet to cast to it.
Phone running Android 8, Tab on Android 7.

If I try and run Droid Share I get the error message "Limit of license reached, contact the software licensors..."

Installed the Google Home app on the T8 but neither phone or Tab are found by the App (Google Home has worked fine when I had a Chromecast dongle).

So, tried calling Droidbox who I bought it from - no one from the Tech Team answered the phone (sales Team answer straight away!)
Started an 'online chat' - explained my problem and was asked to email "[email protected]" which I did a couple of days ago but have yet to receive a response from them.
Asked another question and the guy on the online chat didn't respond!

I'll send another email to Droidbox, if I don't get a response I'll have to send the T8 back for a refund but in the meantime any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
We are having an issue with our tech support phone at the moment, you can call sales and all queries will be answered. The online chat runs between 10am-5.30pm Monday to Friday so it may have been past those times. I am not sure if we received your email or not as I do not know your details from here, but currently all tickets have been replied to. Please check your spam/junk folder in case the email is there.

Regarding the licenses, we have requested more licenses and are currently waiting for them. Share will automatically acquire a license when they are available.

Plwm

Feb 26, 2019
Hi Dave
Thanks for your reply. Hope the licenses come through soon!

Is Droid Share the only app that works for casting to the T8?

Cheers

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
The licenses have been added now. Please reboot your device and it should automatically register when connected to the internet.

Plwm

Feb 26, 2019
Hi Dave, thanks for your replies.

Not sure if I'm still having issues...???

Rebooted the T8 last night > clicked DroidBOXShare app on the T8 > Typed 192.168.88.174:8000 into browser on phone/Tablet > selected Android from the options .... I then get "Error 404, file not found" on the browser webpage.

I'm trying to cast Showbox films from my android Tablet. This used to work fine using a Chromecast dongle and just clicking 'cast' from the menu on an android device.

The only way I've been able to cast Showbox from either my phone or Tablet is by installing DroidBOXShare App on phone/Tablet and then selecting the Mirror Option. This works BUT I get a "pencil" icon at the top right hand corner of the TV screen and the bottom of the TV screen has the android triangle/circle/square and volume up/down icons - a bit annoying!

Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong / my expectations of casting with an Android box are different to my experience of casting with an old Chromecast dongle.... I thought it would be as simple as just clicking 'cast' on my phone!

Thanks in advance..!