Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Hello,

I have a question, I want to change the info of movies and tv series in Dutch (because i'm Dutch) to read the movie plot info in my own language. My wife can not read English very well and wants also know where the movie or serie is going about. So the question where can I change movie language to read all in Dutch.

Info.
I have set xbmc to Dutch and by plugins >>movieinfo I have also set the installed addons to Dutch, but stil all is in English. I use GOTv and GoMovies for watching.

Thanks for helping!!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I think it is going to depend where the add-ons scrape their metadata for films/TV series from. If some sources don't have Dutch language descriptions available, the add-on settings won't matter.
I noticed that GoMovies has a settings tab where you can enter in your IMDB account details. (Bring up a list with GoMovies in it, press the menu or C key on your remote control when the add-on is highlighted, select Add-on Settings, scroll across to the Accounts tab. Enter in the details and click OK. For good measure, shut down XBMC and restart it.) If you don't have one yet, create an account at IMDB, and have good search through your account/profile settings there, see if it is possibly to stipulate you're only really interested in Dutch language content.
No guarantee it will work, but it is worth a try. GOtv has a similar settings tab, so if it works in one add-on, try it in the other.

Ah-ha. OK, I think I've found something more helpful and direct. The following will work if GOmovies and GOtv use XBMC's native scraping abailities.

Follow these steps: XBMC>System>Add-ons>Enabled Add-ons>Movie Information>The Movie Database (press Menu or C when it is highlighted)>Change the preferred language to nl>Click OK>Restart XBMC
Follow the same route, but select TV Information instead of Movie Information, then configure The TVDB add-on to nl for Language.
I'm guessing you might be able to do something similar under Album, Artist and Music Video information areas as well.

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Thanks looking fort me..

I have put all on Dutch and in GoMovies and GoTv I have enter my IMDb account bit still the text is in English. Strange is if I look at the movie info of a movie or TV show i see the info of the movie ( like writer, year, duration, score etc) in Dutch only the plot is in English... Somewhere a setting still in English?? Can I set on a setting that GoMovie and GoTv use a different movie information site. If I van set it tot the moviemeter addon its grear because moviemeter is a Dutch site.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You didn't specifcally mention if you'd tried my suggestion yet? As in The Movie Database and The TVDB settings.
Follow these steps: XBMC>System>Add-ons>Enabled Add-ons>Movie Information>The Movie Database (press Menu or C when it is highlighted)>Change the preferred language to nl>Click OK>Restart XBMC
Follow the same route, but select TV Information instead of Movie Information, then configure The TVDB add-on to nl for Language.
I'm guessing you might be able to do something similar under Album, Artist and Music Video information areas as well.
If you have, I think you'll need to contact the author(s) of these add-ons and see if they can check their code.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
In which case we've exhausted the ideas/approaches I can think of. Time to turn to the add-on's author for help.
I was looking up the support thread address for you, and discovered that the Genesis add-on is written by the same person, and is intended to replace both GOtv and GOmovies.
So before asking the author (or perhaps searching through his thread for similar issues in case they've been solved already), I would set up Genesis (menu or C key rather than clicking on it) and check if you have the same problems there. If you do, check through the author's thread here - http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/24688-RELEASE-Genesis-addon - let him know your issue, and what you've already tried to allow Dutch language descriptions to appear.

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Hai,
Tryed allready, and also Genesis not have the plot in Dutch but in English. All info on GoTv, GoMovies and Genesis is Dutch only the plot info is in English.
Realy strange!!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, well let us know how it goes with the add-on's author - if he can fix the add-on, or provide a different approach to solving the problem, we can publish it here for others. Thanks.