JohnCuth

Mar 30, 2015
I have an iMX6 box. After getting the email through Amazon on the 16th, I have been trying to re access the XMBC app for the last ten days. I can see the app within settings as that is where I have clicked on the Force Stop and Clear data buttons. However, I am no longer able to see the app anywhere else. It is no longer within the All Apps section on the main screen. The app also used to be within the Online Cinema section on the main screen but has disappeared from there too. Where am I going wrong? If possible, I am afraid I need the idiot,s guide step by step answer as I am not a particularly technical person. Many thanks, John

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, if you go to android setting, look to see if you have file manager, open then system, then pre- installed. Let it load then go to xbmc and reload. You will have to redo the wizard. If its not there look in everything with manager or file. Good luck

JohnCuth

Mar 30, 2015
Hi, if you go to android setting, look to see if you have file manager, open then system, then pre- installed. Let it load then go to xbmc and reload. You will have to redo the wizard. If its not there look in everything with manager or file. Good luck

Thanks, I almost had this. However after getting through everything when it asked me to reboot, instead of turning it off with the remote, I took the power able out of the back. It has taken me a few goes to get back in but, now that I am, I am unable to find any apps at all (even under the settings menu) and there is no longer a file manager folder for me to go into. Do I have reinstall everything? If so, where do I begin? MAny thanks for your help and patience. John

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, normally after you run the wizard you click ok at the last message, then you unplug the power from the back. Wait then back in....sounds like its gone into a pre-installed state. Sometimes the apps come back after sometime. If they don't you might need to do a factory reset (you need a SDcard tooth pick) , go to the thread in ixm6 there's a video on what to do.....but you might need to use the live chat on our main site the green box in the corner that says chat or message because you need the recovery file for your box..and someone will help you find a solution. It's office hours only. Good luck and fingers crossed.

JohnCuth

Mar 30, 2015
Hi, normally after you run the wizard you click ok at the last message, then you unplug the power from the back. Wait then back in....sounds like its gone into a pre-installed state. Sometimes the apps come back after sometime. If they don't you might need to do a factory reset (you need a SDcard tooth pick) , go to the thread in ixm6 there's a video on what to do.....but you might need to use the live chat on our main site the green box in the corner that says chat or message because you need the recovery file for your box..and someone will help you find a solution. It's office hours only. Good luck and fingers crossed.

Thanks David. I will see what it is like in the morning. Cheers John

JohnCuth

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks David. I will see what it is like in the morning. Cheers John

I am still unable to get anything on my iMX6 box. I will now attempt to download the latest recovery file from the web so I can do a factory reset. Would it be possible for someone to confirm what is the name and location of the latest recovery file for my box? Many thanks, John

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi John, there's a thread on imx6 witch shows you how to a factory reset, the recovery file is there. If you need any help with it use the live chat function on our main site. It's the greenish box in the bottom corner with chat or message on. Good luck

JohnCuth

Mar 30, 2015
Hi John, there's a thread on imx6 witch shows you how to a factory reset, the recovery file is there. If you need any help with it use the live chat function on our main site. It's the greenish box in the bottom corner with chat or message on. Good luck

Thanks David. Followed the guide which was helpful. Now asked it to reboot and looking at a blank screen. Approximately how long should I just leave it going? 1 hour? More? Less? Cheers John

JohnCuth

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks David. Followed the guide which was helpful. Now asked it to reboot and looking at a blank screen. Approximately how long should I just leave it going? 1 hour? More? Less? Cheers John

Sorry, Also, do I just leave the SD card in while the reboot occurs?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, normally when you reboot it shouldn't take more than a hour, but when you down loaded from the SD card did you see the android man, I think his tummy says updating. Then after this reboot should be straight forward....if you get stock use the live chat.

JohnCuth

Mar 30, 2015
Hi, normally when you reboot it shouldn't take more than a hour, but when you down loaded from the SD card did you see the android man, I think his tummy says updating. Then after this reboot should be straight forward....if you get stock use the live chat.

Tried Live Chat but no one seems to be around. Box completely dead now. Left it unplugged from everything as going out now for a couple of hours as have totally wasted a day off. Maybe the pixies will fix it when I am out. Slowly losing the will to live. Cheers John

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
You do need patients with these boxes and not sure as its Easter weekend if anyone is working. You might need a more up to date firmware update or we've gone wrong somewhere. I've done this and there was 3 separate files in the zip file and tooth pick in the AV hole then plug the power in while holding this, keep hold until the recovery menu comes up. Like in the video, he make it look easy. The SD card should be in before this process, then factory reset. It should then load the recovery file up. Check YouTube as well there's more videos there. Sorry I hav'nt been able to help enjoy the rest if the weekend and Happy Easter too

Dave

JohnCuth

Mar 30, 2015
You do need patients with these boxes and not sure as its Easter weekend if anyone is working. You might need a more up to date firmware update or we've gone wrong somewhere. I've done this and there was 3 separate files in the zip file and tooth pick in the AV hole then plug the power in while holding this, keep hold until the recovery menu comes up. Like in the video, he make it look easy. The SD card should be in before this process, then factory reset. It should then load the recovery file up. Check YouTube as well there's more videos there. Sorry I hav'nt been able to help enjoy the rest if the weekend and Happy Easter too

Dave

Thanks for your help, David and have a good Easter too.

I did the whole reboot bit again, including tooth pick, and have left it to run overnight. Now that I go back to it, the box is now back at the Android recovery screen and is on the line 'reboot system now'. Do I reboot it again or do I pull the power cable out of the back or do I turn it off using the remote? Cheers John

JohnCuth

Mar 30, 2015
Hi try and boot it up, and good luck. Hope it works for you.

No luck I am afraid. Once I choose 'reboot system now', screen goes blank for many hours and then always ends up back at the Android recovery screen. Have chosen 'reboot system now' three times yesterday/ overnight. Not sure what to do now. This morning I tried taking the SD card out and turning off, then on with remote. Nothing happened there - still looking at a blank black screen. Any more thoughts? Cheers John