martinofyre

Jan 7, 2015
I would like to run the Google Now Launcher, however when I try to launch the app I get a message saying to go to settings for the current launcher, "Launcher3" and clear defaults, unfortunately clear defaults is underintensified.
Have tried searching the forum but couldnt find much.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thx.

martinofyre

Jan 7, 2015
After looking a bit more at this I noticed Launcher3 wasnt ticked under Settings/ Home. Once ticked the Clear Defaults button was available under the Launcher3 app settings. Once clicked I expected the Google Now Launcher to appear as selection in Settings / Home, but it does not. Still stuck.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Temporarily try a different launcher please, from the Play Store. Install something like the Go Launcher HD or Next launcher, and afterwards press the home button on your remote control. If you see a little window appear asking which launcher you want to use, select the Google launcher, and then "Always". After that, you can then uninstall the Go or Next launcher if you prefer.

martinofyre

Jan 7, 2015
Thanks. That worked. After a reboot and going into settings - home a few times the Google Now launcher finally appeared.

Reactions: ChrisM