StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
OK. I'm stuck.

I've had my T8-S+ for 11 months now and it has been amazing both on Android side and LibreElec. All OTA updates etc. have gone well and I've not had an ounce of trouble.

However, over the past few days, whilst LibreElec continues to work, I am completely unable to reboot to Android. The (new) splash screen comes on, then it says "starting Android, optimising app x of y" gets to the end, then reboots to the splash screen and starts optimising apps again. It's a constant, unbreakable loop.

If I use the reset button I can get to the recovery menu and if I use that to boot over to LibreElec it works just fine but if I use it to boot to Android (or boot from LibreElec to Android) it gets stuck in it's loop again.

I've done a full factory reset and that hasn't fixed the problem.

Any ideas or support would be really appreciated. Thanks guys.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
email droidbox or phone them! They will do a few tests with you to see whether its sumthing that you can do or its a dodgy box!!
There realy good especially Chris

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
I *think* I've sorted it.

Went on to the recovery menu and "reset partition cache" and then did another factory reset. Seems to be working now.

I wanted to post on the forum first as if it was a common problem / fix it would be good to share the knowledge for anybody else experiencing it.

You're right though, the service is excellent.