sean99

Aug 7, 2014
My new toy has bit the dust already, just getting a blue screen with clouds and water with some figure or island in the water and its reflection after boot up. Could restore it but would like to know why this has happened so soon after just a few weeks and is this going to be an ongoing occurance? Back to the openbox for now. Last thing I did on it last night is install the db playmarket and a couple of games from there.

Last edited:

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Sean the same thing has just happened to me, had to reset my box to get back to normal.
I think it must be db playmarket as i had just installed it, when reboot box same screen as you.
so would advise people to wait until droidbox fix it.

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thanks angela I thought that would have been the culprit, hope my backups work!!

Reactions: angela

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi, Sean the same thing has just happened to me, had to reset my box to get back to normal.
I think it must be db playmarket as i had just installed it, when reboot box same screen as you.
so would advise people to wait until droidbox fix it.
Thanks angela I thought that would have been the culprit, hope my backups work!!

Hello

Can you please provide me more info on which box models do you have!!!

Regards

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi 8bitDev, the box is T8-S Plus, tried it twice same thing happened after downloading db playmarket, downloads ok you can play games, but when you reboot your box you get the screen sean99 describes.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi 8bitDev, the box is T8-S Plus, tried it twice same thing happened after downloading db playmarket, downloads ok you can play games, but when you reboot your box you get the screen sean99 describes.
We are investigating problem at the moment!

If you need more help on how to load games and install emu software manually please message back!

Regards

pjeff18

Feb 2, 2016
This is getting beyond a joke guys the T8-S Plus is so full of bugs it is unacceptable to release a box which isn't fit for purpose. Mine has been back to you with the Bluetooth fix and now the blue clouds sea and island screen is back ! It happened before and I reset and lost all my apps and data and to be honest I am not prepared to keep waiting hours reinstalling everything - the question I have and I am sure other t8splus users want to know . What are you going to do about it ?

I have had enough ! My second box with problems and this latest one has been to you for fixing ....

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Not sure what to say to you mate coz have been in the exact same position as your in now pulling my hair out, especially as the footy is on and box is capput. Am on my 4th box now from db and have had to send 1 of those back for repair and learned the hard way that as soon as you get whichever Kodi set up create a back up to cover any eventualities. I know it's a pain putting all your apps back on and time consuming but if Kodi goes, that's easily reinstalled to exactly how it was before it crashed. Have found over time that db is a good company with good customer care and would do what it takes to get you back up and running. Was db playmarket that put me in the same screen you have and will not install that again, did you install the same or maybe just need your box replacing AGAIN with a new 1. Are you ok doing a reset? Hope you get sorted soon as....

pjeff18

Feb 2, 2016
Thanks Sean yes know about reset but not going to do it again. Didn't install anything and it worked fine in reboot Last night but first time came to it today it is doing blue screen. Boots into open elec fine but that's no use to me as I use android as its more family friendly . Well annoyed now as we aren't talking about a £30 eBay job but a £110 box from a reputable company..... Fact is it is full of bugs and hasn't been tested properly , they should give us customers the option of having kit Kat on instead and make it available to download then we can choose . It's lollipop I am pretty sure of it. Box isn't a patch on the T8 but the rom size is just too small on that

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I know what you mean with the new f/w jeff as I would prefer kk all day long but don't think that option will ever occur as it's just another f/w upgrade that will take some getting used to for both us buyers and also db with any bugs (of which they will bring updates out when are found and ironed out) since I had the same blue screen of death I reset and not had a problem since so support need to tie up with yourself and make arrangement to get a new box sorted. Have also had a T8 and a T8 v3 but think the T8-s plus is far better than the 2. Hope admin get your post soon mate.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
This is getting beyond a joke guys the T8-S Plus is so full of bugs it is unacceptable to release a box which isn't fit for purpose. Mine has been back to you with the Bluetooth fix and now the blue clouds sea and island screen is back ! It happened before and I reset and lost all my apps and data and to be honest I am not prepared to keep waiting hours reinstalling everything - the question I have and I am sure other t8splus users want to know . What are you going to do about it ?

I have had enough ! My second box with problems and this latest one has been to you for fixing ....

Yeah, i found the Bluetooth bug within an hour of having it, god knows how that wasnt picked up in testing.. To top it off, they wanted me to send a brand new unit back to them in no more than a jiffy bag with second class post.. Had a M8S from china before this one. Never factory reset it once! lost count of the times i`ve reset with the Plus.. The latest with mine, it dosent want to switch off.. just keeps rebooting! I want to love the box but finding it difficult at the moment.. especially because i paid £100 for it!

pjeff18

Feb 2, 2016
NikoB you are experiencing the same issues as me. Are you also experiencing laggy games?
Power Button and bue island/cloud screen are my main issues if these are sorted for good then I can put up with other less important issues.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
I had some games running, but not for long. Too awkward without Bluetooth working! For the brief time I played them they seemed to run OK. I guess some games are going to run better than others anyway.. Its just the powering down thats bothering me the most too. Pain in the ass when it keeps booting instead of switching off. Maybe we should start a new thread. Maybe out gripe will be noticed?

MarkLloyd

Apr 21, 2016
Add me to the list - Now factory reset several times and have the same issue. Spent more time fixing this thing than watching it :-(

Attachments

• IMG_2889.PNG
    IMG_2889.PNG
    529.8 KB · Views: 138

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
While i understand your frustration i doubt multiple posting over the forum will solve your problem any quicker.
My advice is to contact droidbox support direct via email or via a live chat session (on droidbox main page, mon - fri). That way you can be assured of a prompt reply as this is a community forum as opposed to a formal droidbox support area. Have your purchase details handy. Good luck.

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Sadly, I am stuck on this as well.......this is what happened:

System running Wookie: went to OpenELEC Config, cause I wanted to reboot to Android. I wanted to do this as I am wanting to change some settings in android...
Once selected, system rebooted: rotating gold globe on screen, then android loading your apps was shown.

This was then followed by a static blue background and an out of focus object surrounded by clouds?

No Menu commands are possible, except the sound up & down!

How the hell do I get back to OpenELEC? as I can't select it, as no menus are visible.......

Any tips would be great - Ta!

Ray(str)

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have you tried a factory reset, the restore button is by the USBs, power off and then hold this and power on and hold until you get the recovery menu up. You can 1st clear cache and reboot...see if that works or 2nd you can do the factory reset. This will take a bit of time and also wait after its finished for 15 mins so it can install your apps.
After this you will need to run the wizard inside kodi on both Android and openelec.
Reading the above Posts, I would before you run the wizard, check the OTA Updater to see if there's an update and run it.
If it happens again delete the droidbox play market.
I don't have this box, but if you are unsure get it touch with droidbox themselves on Monday using live chat or send them an email.
Live chat is on droidboxs main site and is in the bottom corner, normally says Chat or Message in...Mon to Friday office hours only.

Best of luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Sal