Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
An Happy Ending!
all sorted...

Thanks again......and don't be going anywhere David...you will obviously be missed.......

Much obliged to everyone who helped me - all up and running again.......

Ray(str)

Reactions: David Savage

Ray Goodge

May 19, 2016
Hi guys, total newbie here, Just bought a T8-S Plus gamers bundle, I don't get the blue screen of death, When I switch on the box I get the droidbox logo screen then I get the orange world thing doing it's thing, then if it doesn't hang it sometimes goes to a grey screen where it asks for an android password.
I'm really disappointed with it as I've only had it a week and spent more time trying to get it working. Anybody else had this?
Regards
Ray

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Ray
Can you take a photo or take a screen shot of the password screen and post it here?

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Don't really know what you mean by Password screen? Also, you seem to be having problems at BOOT? let us know what EXACTLY is happening, and we'll try to help....

Regards,
Ray(str)

Ray Goodge

May 19, 2016
Thanks for getting back to me Ray(str) ok I'll start at the beginning, Boot-up seems to be a bit erratic, sometimes the orange world thingy hangs and I have to switch off and back on again, sometimes it will boot-up as normal and other times it will seem to be booting-up ok and then goes to this grey android screen log-in screen which has this dialogue box asking me to input a password. I have very briefly noticed the blue screen that others have had problems with and the screen I am referring to comes in straight after that. I have noticed that the box freezes at random it has done it on the home screen even when I haven't even tried to do anything. On the odd occasion that I have managed to get into DBMC I noticed that the wookie wizard wasn't there. I have done the recovery procedure several times and updated the firmware via the update OTA app but I'm not sure that it worked even though I followed the procedure to the letter. My Build at the moment is LMY47V.20160330 test-keys. I believe there is a newer update but the OTA app is just showing the one I have. sorry to go on but I am at my wits end with this box.

Regards
Ray

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Have to agree with Nigel here, it might be that you have a faulty box mate. It seems extremely erratic.....

Ray Goodge

May 19, 2016
Hi Nigelar and Ray(str) thanks for trying to help guys I really appreciate it. I have been in touch with support and explained the situation to them so I will wait and see what they come up with. Nigelar I will try and post a pic of the screen tomorrow as it's gone midnight here in Greece (I live in Skiathos) and I'm knackered, I hope this gets resolved because I really think it will be a great box when the issues are sorted.
thanks again for your help
Regards
Ray

Ray Goodge

May 19, 2016
Hi Nigelar and Ray(str)
OK support asked me to check the cables to the SSD and do a factory reset, this I did in fact I even took the SSD out and re-fitted it. Now the box seems to be OK but I'm not going to hold my breath. I haven't installed anything yet but I might pluck up the courage and install the Wookie tonight.
Just for info I've attached an image of the grey screen with the android log on which I was on about.

Attachments

• IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 148

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks for posting that Ray.
I was able to do some research and it is an error that sometimes occurs on many different types of android boxes after a firmware update that hasn't installed fully.
The general advice to resolve is to shut down the box, unplug from mains and wait 10 seconds. Plugging back in then allows the update to complete (hopefully) without the password screen appearing again. I think the factory reset will have had the same affect in your case.
Hopefully things will go well from now on and you can load the wookie.

Ray Goodge

May 19, 2016
Thank you Nigelar, I really appreciate your help, in fact your post has given me a bit more confidence in the box.

Regards
Ray

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
I have updated SEVERAL android based boxes and have NEVER seen this grey password screen (very strange) one other thing to mention Ray, is that the kind folks at Droid, can actually remote access your box, so if you still have troubles that might be the way to go.

The Wookie by the way is "Ace" it will take a lot of the setting up out of the equation for you but really, you need to make sure that your basic Android OS is functioning correctly first, and of course your actual box!

Good luck mate - let us know how you get on, and if you still find you are getting nowhere and need our help - just yell!

Regards,
Ray(str)

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Well I never - you live and learn mate - Actually, I have never managed a SHUTDOWN from the Wookie Power menu...it normally reboots, when you ask it to shutdown (ha-ha) - The Wonders of our hobby Nige!

Reactions: Nigelar