Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I want to revert to the default android launcher on my t8 as since i updated to kodi the xbmc tile does not work. The purpose is to create a home screen with all working apps.
I have searched for the current tiled launcher in the apps settings panel to change the default launcher but cannot find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
When you say default Android launcher, I'm assuming you're referring to the more stock look launcher you'll often find on phone/tablets?
If so, I'd recommend trying something like Go Launcher, Nova, Google Now and Themer . Each have their own advantages/disadvantages. Don't click the ALWAYS option when pressing Home on your remote/screen unless you're CERTAIN you can navigate around the new launcher easily enough.
Please excuse the incredibly long delay with this response, I'm just trying to catch up with any unanswered posts right now.

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks. I bit the bullet some time ago and downloaded nova and some additional wallpapers. Eveything works the way i want it now and it is a good solution for anyone who finds the "tiled" kodi/xbmc button doesnt work following a kodi update. Also good if you dont like the tiled screen.

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
I am a big fan of Nova on my phone. I didn't know that I could change the std tiled launcher on my T8. Can you explain me step-by-step how you did this ? I am really interested. If it doesn't suits me, can I go back to the std tiled one ?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi ericb. When I ran the nova apk, it gave me the choice to select nova as my home screen. Like SS said, first time I selected "once only" so I could be certain I was happy with it. After messing about with it, I confirmed my choice so nova appeared by default. I found the installed wallpapers a bit limited so downloaded another free wallpaper app from the play store.

If you are unhappy with nova, you can change it. Go to settings - apps. Then select nova and click on it. Scroll down until you see the highlighted "clear defaults" button and click on it. Then to select an alternative launcher go to settings - home. Installed launchers should be displayed. Select the one you want.