dan murphy

Nov 27, 2015
I have a T8S with 5.35 GB storage, Misc files are using 2.76 GB. I have a few apps installed that dont use much storage. With a wizard installed it is using approx 80% storage and without 70%. Apps, etc are cleaned regularly. I have checked previous threads on this, they all say to go through ES File Explorer but this is where I get lost. Other than factory reset, if anyone could guide me to locate and delete them it would be greatly appreciated

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You can get Es file explorer to do storage analysis. That will break down which folders are using the most storage. You can then burrow down through the file structure to find likely storage hogs and delete files.
Alternatively, a tool like clean master from google play store does the job in a more elegant way.

dan murphy

Nov 27, 2015
Thank you Nigelar and SS. I installed Clean Master and it worked a treat. Storage usage is now 28% [without wizard] and misc files are using 5.53 MB storage

Reactions: ChrisM

Joereeves

Jan 19, 2017
If you can't locate a file/folder in ES File Explorer, scroll to the left, expand the TOOLS menu and turn on Show Hidden Files.
My show hidden files is switched on (green) but when I go back to misc... nothing is there for me to delete still... I am using an M8S... now what?

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi everyone,
Ive been reading this thread and have a question.
Bearing in mind I have never booted into Android and probably never will as I really am only using Linus Openelec side ov things with a few addons and a maintenance programme.
Do I or would I need to maybe log into Android and maybe install clean master and use it or is it that I am only ever in Openelec that the android side does not pick up any files to waste space????
Hope I have worded this one correctly.
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would have thought there is little point if you are only using openelec. You are unlikely to have created much of the crud and persistent "tmp" files that you see on android. You could run the android es file explorer file analyser just to see what is using space. In your case it is likely to be just apps and the OS.