Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Morning Guys,

Well I've finally got around my previous Sports Devil problem by using the Wookie Wizard before it disappeared and having installed Acestream and Plexus I've been very pleased with the result. However, I may now have encountered yet another problem in that when my son uses his Play Station in his room it affects my streaming, so much so that in some cases I get no stream at all. He's using it for games not streaming and I've the Droidbox, please can I ask if this is a common problem or if it's something you've encountered before how I get around it, I think it's more than coincidence that this should be happening. As ever I appreciate any advice, thank you

urie

Dec 27, 2017
He could actually be playing online games if it's playstation 4 that would slow down your streaming also can you connect via ethernet see if that helps I use home plugs for that had some for years best investment ever :)

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hi Urie

Many thanks for your reply, yes he is on PS4, usually Call of Duty, keep telling him if he did it for real he may not be so keen!! With regards to the home plugs please can you give me a bit more info as to what I'm looking hue and the best place to get them, cheers

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Sorry Urie, I should have added that at the moment I am unable to connect via Ethernet cable

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Someone recently found that creating a guest WiFi network on their modem/router and using this to isolate one of their devices helped (with a different issue). If you're not sure if your modem can do this/how to do it, let us know the make and model and we'll have a look.

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hello Chris

Many thanks for your input, yes I'm with Virgin and it's their Hub 3.0 that I'm using. If anything is possible I'd appreciate it very much if you can advise how to go about it, thank you

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Im with Virmin and super hub 3. I was in the same position as you. I ran an ethernet cable down through holes in the ceiling (wife went mad!!!!!) problem solved. Ive never had drop out since and I have two lads gaming on X box every night.
Dave

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Ha ha, thanks for that I'd better not do that the world doesn't want 2 mad women does it! Just out of interest if I had to go down the Ethernet route are they available in good lengths, my router would be about 20' away in another room

urie

Dec 27, 2017
Ha ha, thanks for that I'd better not do that the world doesn't want 2 mad women does it! Just out of interest if I had to go down the Ethernet route are they available in good lengths, my router would be about 20' away in another room

That is why i said I use home plugs you just plug one into power socket and connect it to your router. Then go to where ever your other device is and plug the other homeplug into power socket and then plug network cable into device the network runs through your electricity wires in the house no need for long ethernet cables :)
Have a look https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/comp...erline/1133_8546_71560_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html
https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/comp...erline/1133_8546_71560_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html
I have the TP-LINK TL-PA4010 Powerline Adapter Kit - AV600, Twin Pack
infact I have two sets that can connect three devices i,e, four home plugs one for each device and you need one to connect to router.

Reactions: ChrisM

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Home plugs are brilliant. TBH the holes are hidden now and the cable has been trunked inside a new plaster wall so all is good.
Yes they do long lengths also. To spare you an angry wife (my wife was furious Ha Ha) then plugs would be a great idea.
Dave

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Many thanks for your input Guys, I'm hoping that as Chris suggested earlier it may be possible to create a guest Wifi network however if it's not possible then I'll certainly go along the plug/cable route

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Looks like there is a "Modify your Guest Network" option there, watch the video from the start to learn how to login to the hub in the first place. Might be easier from a laptop/PC.
Once setup, you will presumably have two WiFi networks. The newer one could be used to connect to either on your DroidBOX or the PlayStations, keeping them apart.

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for the update, much appreciated and I'll give it a go. Just one other thing then I'll leave you all in peace! I've been in to my Hub just to see what sort of speeds I was getting to each device currently connected and they were laptop 54 Mbps, phone 54 and Droid 11. Would that be par for the course or should I be looking for a better speed to my box than that, as you can see this is without the PS4 being connected

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You might find the connection has different speeds at different times/different demands. It might be worth copying a large file over your network and then, whilst this is transferring, checking the Hub's reports.
If it (after putting the PlayStation on a different WiFi network) streams 1080p (or 4K if you have a 4K TV and 4K media to watch) well enough, I wouldn't worry too much.
If you want to try and raise it, https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/justice-or-equality/ (checking which WiFi channels are clearest of interference) or the mains networking (using your house's standard electrical cables as ethernet/network cables) that got mentioned would be two options to look at.