Graham McLaughlin

Oct 28, 2015
Hi,

I am fairly new to all this and perhaps not of a generation were it comes easily. I have mastered how to watch a footy match or find a decent film. I have even found some music I like. My question is how do I download a track or album to the hard drive on my droid box ?

When selecting an album I can press the menu button on the remote which brings up the option to download. If I press download, where does the file store? How do I find it?

Many thanks. A great bit of kit.

Gramac

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
i have never tried downloading music, but normally i would look in the default download folder first. Use a file manager like es file manager or equivalent (usually found in your android apps) to view it. If you can't find it there, do a search of all folders like you would do on a pc.

Graham McLaughlin

Oct 28, 2015
Thanks Nigelar,

I am thinking now, having read other oats that I haven't formatted my hard drive. The video I have just watched is not the same as the screens I have. I will keep plugging away until I find out how to do it !!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As long as the hdd is connected properly (i'm assuming it is an external drive as you've posted in the m8/t8 subforum) then you should see it mapped using one of the file manager apps. Again in exactly the same way as you would see one connected to a pc. For example if i connect a usb stick to my kodi i can copy, delete etc files on it.

courtjester

Oct 18, 2015
The "MP3 Streams" Addon, which has a download option, is I have found the most reliable for music. I have an external HDD connected to the USB port of my T8 box and its then simply a case of going into the Settings of MP3 Streams and choosing the HDD as a download path ( it shows up as SD1 because its connected to USB port ).

Hope that helps.

Reactions: ChrisM and Nigelar