colrob1

May 29, 2015
20150816_062814.jpg I've had the box for a few months now and really liked it . something has happened in the last few days . kodi won't even boot up on it now it just keeps trying to reload . I started up openelect to see if I could watch football through that and now it is just stuck on the loader screen .
I have tried a reset with the button next to the usb , delete cache , full factory reset etc and the device on restart keeps trying to load openelec .it doesn't go to the android home page anymore .I have tried the reset about ten times now .
I'm very disappointed with the amount of time needed to get these boxes running . has there been an update that has caused this , any help would be much appreciated .
I've attached a pic of the blank screen it hangs on after the openelec logo disappears .lol
col
20150816_062814.jpg

Reactions: ian maddox

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, can you try this please,
Go to setting on the main boot up menu on your box, then go to other, more setting and then storage.
Check your memory see if you are nearly full, clear cache for all apps too. Also go to downloads and check and delete what you don't want....even delete some apps.
Now go to the apps and go to Kodi and go in and force stop then if you've already clear cache just go back and see if its alright now. Good luck.

Dave

colrob1

May 29, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I cannot get to the main boot up menu .the box is stuck in a loop .when you strat it up it tries to start openelec not the main page .it just hangs on the openelec logo and then the screen goes blank.
I have tried the reset on the side and after factory reset it still tries to start openelec not the main android home .
Thanks for the reply, looks like it may need to go back?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Ok, try taking the power cord out of the back, then press and hold the restore button in, then plug it back in. You should now get the recovery menu up clear cache and then reboot, if this don't work do the same but instead clear cache do a factory reset and reboot.

Dave

Reactions: admin

colrob1

May 29, 2015
Thanks , do you have to turn the power button on when you plug the lead back in or do you just leave it to see what happens . i have been turning the power button on when i plug the lead back in .The recovery otions come up and i have tried what you sais and it was still stuck in a loop .
I cant try it now without turning th epower button on as im at work .does a different recovery mode come up if you dont press the power on button ?

Thanks

colrob1

May 29, 2015
Yeah i did the factory reset and like i say ,when it starts it just goes staright to openelec logo and hangs .you cant get to the android screen it boots to openelec..doing my head in

it cant be resetting properly if it boots to openelec after reset,surely it should put it into a state like when it came out of the box?
I wish i never tried the openelec bit now after kodi stopped working

Regards

Col

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Do you have a HDD installed in openelec, if you have remove it and then try.
If not I would send an email to the office using the contact us at the bottom of this page in the blue line. Tell them whats going on.

Dave