Robcc22

Feb 21, 2015
Hi I updated my xbmc and it stopped working so I did factory restore now I can turn my android box on but when I click on xbmc it won't even open could any please help me x

Bald Eagle

Jul 29, 2014
I'm having issues with xbmc now too, since the upgrade to Gotham things worked swimmingly for a while then when i attempted to access xbmc it goes straight back to the homescreen. I have put xbmc to a newly installed state and things followed the same path as before, worked for a while then kept going back to the homescreen. Perhaps i'm just having a senior moment, but is there anything that I can do to sort it?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you switch to the Confluence skin (unless you selected the iMX6 pack in the Wizard, you're probably using the Confluence Customizable Mod skin instead), then XBMC should start behaving better, especially in terms of starting up OK. Open XBMC please, and head to...
System>Appearance>Skin (click this entry)>Confluence (not the Customizable Mod version)>Confirm the choice.
From the XBMC homescreen, you can access all the add-ons via Videos>Add-ons .
If you re-run the Wizard in the future, and find XBMC is unstable, don't forget to switch skins again.

Alternatively, we can see whether a different build of XBMC, perhaps using SPMC results in better stability with the CCM skin.

flip

Mar 4, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am new member to this forum and couldnt find where to post so I am posting here. Recently i bought this M8S android box with XBMC preloaded. It was working fine until xbmc started giving me problems. I formatting the box and redownloading xbmc would be easy. I formated the box and when it turned on XBMC was already there. Every time I click XBMC it doesnt load anything but just the pointer. there is nothing in the background. Can anyone on this forum help me please?

Bald Eagle

Jul 29, 2014
If you switch to the Confluence skin (unless you selected the iMX6 pack in the Wizard, you're probably using the Confluence Customizable Mod skin instead), then XBMC should start behaving better, especially in terms of starting up OK. Open XBMC please, and head to...
System>Appearance>Skin (click this entry)>Confluence (not the Customizable Mod version)>Confirm the choice.
If you re-run the Wizard in the future, and find XBMC is unstable, don't forget to switch skins again.

Alternatively, we can see whether a different build of XBMC, perhaps using SPMC results in better stability with the CCM skin.

Brilliant, will have a look at doing that when I get a chance, thought it would be something simple (like me).

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

Bald Eagle

Jul 29, 2014

Done this over the weekend, noticed that there were only 2 update pack options available now, CCM pack and non CCM pack. I installed the latter and it's worked like a dream since!