Jonathan McDonnell

Jul 8, 2016
Probably the most stupid question but I cannot get my droid box new keypad to type the function letters like @, ?, + its like ALT Gr but that does not seem to work.

How do you access these?

Thanks and I'm sure its a duuuh....

Sorry guys got to ask...

Jonathan McDonnell

Jul 8, 2016
Thanks for the reply - the is the remote keypad that comes with the T8-SPlus....no luck with your replies for the moment...I let my wife have a go and she is pretty sharp with these things and she could not figure it out...
Curious...

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Think it's like an American keyboard, try shift and 2, that should give you @.

That works on my I8.

Jonathan McDonnell

Jul 8, 2016
yes shift 2 works for @...just the @ on the keyboard does not work...ok no problem - I also notice that the british pound sign does not work either....this actually sounds like it might be a language/location issue...ok thanks for that - no doubt the first of many questions...

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Try making sure that within: Settings, Appearance, International, Keyboard Layout is set to 'English Qwerty' and not USA.

Might be that ?

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Ok Jonathan, just did some searching as mine is the same.

Android thinks you have an American layout keyboard, to change it do this.

Go into settings ( the two cogs on the home screen)
Then on the second row down scroll across to and enter more settings.
Then scroll down to and enter language and input.
Now scroll down to physical keyboard and change both mini keyboard and ami_keypad to English(UK)-Android keyboard.

All keys are now working as they should including the £ sign ☺

Last edited:

dan murphy

Nov 27, 2015
I have the i8+ mini keyboard and followed busapauls instructions to change from USA layout to English [Uk]. Only slight problem is that I now cant get the keyboard to show on tv screen, I find it useful at night. Any suggestions appreciated thanks

dan murphy

Nov 27, 2015
Had forgot about the back light. Received an email from Nigelar with a possible solution and it worked. More Settings, Language & Input, Default. Where it says Hardware, Physical Keyboard, it was switched on. Nigelar said to switch it off and it did the trick. Thanks guys, I have got a lot of useful info from this forum. Keep up the good work

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Ahh great!

I've never used the onscreen keyboard, but it's nice to know how to get it up for the future.

Nice one Nigelar! :cool:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Copied from the accidentally deleted post (only restored content as Nigelar mentioned the deletion was an accident... I leave other deleted posts alone!).

Nigelar's original text:

You might want to experiment with this solution for bluetooth keyboards and see if it works (not my solution copied from elsewhere)

In Android 5.1 from "Keyboard and input methods", click "Current keyboard" and then there's a toggle labelled "Hardware". Turn that off.

The bluetooth keyboard doesn't show up in the language and input screen anymore but I am still able to use it. In addition, the onscreen keyboard is enabled again.