allanon

Dec 3, 2014
Anyone have one, I do not see any posts up here for it, AMD how does it compare to the x7

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've got one of each here, what to you need to know? Where would you like the focus? Can run a few tests if you need.
Good catch on the lack of an M5 area, will sort now.

allanon

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for the reply...wondering on how the m5 performs running multiple apps, say buffering out a 1080 p movie on xbmc, and streaming a show in HD showbox while having Netflix open and a browser....does it bog down with the 1 g of ram or is it seamless?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
SPMC>Genesis, TV shows, Search, Arrow, Arrow, Season 3, Episode 11, source=03 RealDebrid HugeFiles 1.6Gb 1080P
Went to homescreen and opened ShowBox, stuck with original version, no update, Big Hero 6, High (1.26Gb), Watch now, I use MX Player. Jerky playback. Swapped back to XBMC and resumed playback, video fine there.
Had ES File Explorer, YouTube, Browser and the Play Store recently opened.

allanon

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for the research, did the same with x7 while having Netflix running also, it responded mostly the same although did not get the jerkiness on show box, (I find that after 9pm est until 4am showbox is flawless) when Europe is sleeping, all other times for us in Canada its choppy, thank u for starting the m5 thread