mrnice

Aug 26, 2015
Right this droidox thingy is really beginning to get on my t*ts.

Do they ever just work properly? sometimes they works great then at other times nothing, they are so hit and miss and I'm not doing anything differently, its about a lucky as flipping a coin.

Today's dilemmas are that my xbmc is not working, it just shows a black screen, if you turn it all off at the plug the kodi loading screen appears but then it automatically switches to the home screen, then every time you choose it, it just shows a black screen, any ideas how to sort it?

The next gripe is showbox, sometimes its great and loads up as it should, other times a screen appears saying "processing" (whats all that about?) and also rather than just load up like it should it instead decides to give me an option of how I would like to complete my action by choosing one of the various players installed, needless to say none of them work and I get the message "cant play this video" there is no pattern to these errors its completely random.

Could anyone please help me get the most out of my box as at first I was praising doidbox constantly and telling everyone what a great product it is but recently have lost all faith in the device, I may as well just go back to streaming alluc or piratebay through my laptop at least they work, all the time.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok lets tackle these isdues one at a time.
The first problem may be a memory full issue. Here is dave savage's advice which may resolve. Try it and report back.

"Check your memory in setting, other, more setting then storage. If it nearly full delete an app you don't need and also while your here clear your cache.
See if this helps."

Re showbox i will need to research. To help, can you answer these questions:

-are you referring to the android app or kodi addon versions of showbox
- are you trying to view downloaded content or using the "watch now" feature of the android app
- can you give me the name of the program or film you were trying to view to see if i can replicate the problem
- what version of showbox are you running (whether android or kodi addon)

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
ive sorted a few boxes with this problem. its normally due to kodi not being closed down correctly, you should always exit and allow time for all the files to close before turning off
first try going to settings
other
more settings
apps
force stop and clear cache, sometimes this works but if not I'm afraid it looks like clear data and reinstall

mrnice

Aug 26, 2015
Afternoon,

Right I've checked my internal storage and its only about a third full,

Today's new problen is I can now go into my xbmc the only problem is my wookie stuff has disappeared and its showing me a very basic yellow and grey screen with the words "www.droidbox.co.uk" and "kodi" beneath it, how do I get my wookie back please?

In answer to your previous questions:

I don't know which version of showbox I'm using a mate stuck it on for me how do I check?
I'm trying the watch now method as the download option never works (it takes an unrealistic amount of time to download eg - weeks)
I was trying to watch "narcos" I managed to watch the rest (4 episodes) last night but then it refused to play the last one for no reason at all.
Don't know what version I'm running how do I find out?

Thank you.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hello. Regarding showbox i've been doing some google searches and many many people have reported similar problems. You can check the version by going to android settings - apps - clicking on showbox and you'll see the version number. Mine is 4.24.
The version normally preinstalled on droidboxes auto updates.

You may want to do a reinstall. Look in one of the android app stores e.g. aptoide.

Angela has told you where to find the wookie so if it has gone missing you can do a reinstall of that (as a last chance look under the kodi program tab you may see it there)

Btw what type of droidbox do you have?

Please report back on progress. Good luck.

mrnice

Aug 26, 2015
Hello everyone sorry its been a while ive been really really ill with a virus, on the mend now fingers crossed.

I reinstalled wookie, it works great but theres no background pic now its all black but apart from that seems to work.

I have a droidbox t8 s

showbox version 4.26

touch wood showbox has been mostly behaving atm but if it plays up i normally use phoenix instead.

What I would also like to know is what do you guys use if you want to watch a series thats just been on terrestria telly? my 4od/all4 wont work as it says my device is rooted, can this be sorted? the iplayer works fine.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have a look on Genesis, this has loads of tv series.
Also out of Kodi try and install movieHD, go to there Facebook and you can down load it. Its good for tv too.
Hope this helps and glad to here your getting better.

Best wishes Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Genesis and iStream confirmed. (Promptfile wasn't much use, but Vidlockers based sources were OK). iStream had a few more choices for host on the DVD quality version.

Great show, hope they do commission the spin off series (though a series 2 would have been better).

For changing the background picture in Kodi:
System (or Settings if you're using a different Skin)
Appearance
Settings (just under the Skin line)
Background Options
Select Enable Custom Background, line below you can select the image you want.