Geoff Hardern

Aug 16, 2014
I have not used my Droidbox Q7 for a while and today I powered it up and it was frozen at rge -'R-Box' screen. I did a 'reset' and the screen came up with the 'Android' icon and it stated 'Installing new Software'. After a while this icon disappeared and the 'R-Box' logo came up and it has been stuck on this ever since.

Can you advise what the problem is please and suggest how I can get my box working again.

Regards
Geoff

Geoff Hardern

Aug 16, 2014
Hi,

No Memory Card, just a USB Dongle for the Remote Keyboard/Control. The 'Reset' I performed was unplug the Mains adapter lead from the back of the DroidBox for 20 seconds and re-connect, and then I used a paper clip to depress the small 'Reset' button on the side of the DroidBox. I don't think I would know how to access the Android Recovery Menu ??!! I guess in any case, the Droidbax would need to be fully booted to the 'Home' screen to access this ?? At the moment I can't get passed the 'R-Box' Logo !!

OK I will try flashing a Firmware file as per the Instructions in the thread you have referenced after I have bought a USB to USB, Male to Male Cable !!

Thanks for the help. I will Post an update when I have received the Cable next week and performed the flash.

Regards
Geoff

Geoff Hardern

Aug 16, 2014
Hi,

OK, I flashed the new firmware and all is up and running again, although the new 'Look & Feel' will take me a little while to get familiar with!! Thanks for the help.

By the way is there any way to Calibrate the Remote Control cursor position? I am finding that I need to point above the actual icon that I want to select !!

Regards
Geoff

Ahmed

Aug 14, 2014
Hi,
If it is a VIP remote, remove the batteries for ~20sec. and then put them back in and pair the remote with the device.

Thanks
Ahmed

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Geoff, if you find the cursor no long aligns with where you're clicking on the screen, then you may have hidden the Android navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, whilst in XBMC. If this is the case, next time hide the bar before you open XBMC, and you should find you no longer have alignment issues.