Steve Tranter

Jul 22, 2014
I have just received my box and it is stuck on load up, I have powered off numerous times but get same result. Have waited up to an hour with no change. Also the VIP remote doesn't appear to work after several attempts at pairing the device, please advise, thx.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
As you've put this in the Announcement area, I can't tell which model you have, sorry.

Can you check whether you have a
X7/X7 Ultimate
iMX6 (Android or MCE?)
Q7
M6

The steps to follow will differ slightly.

For now, please check the How To Access Your DroidBOX's Recovery Menu thread, and try a factory reset. If it then boots up correctly, proceed through the set up screens, and leave it at the Android launcher's homescreen for about twenty minutes. Then you'll still need to run the DroidBOX Wizard add-on in XBMC.

With the VIP remote control, please run through the steps here - VIP Remote Control - How To Pair It?

Steve Tranter

Jul 22, 2014
Hi, thx for reponding, tried the fix to no avail I'm afraid. It is an X7.

Apologies for landing this in the announcement area!

st: 105, member: 8"]As you've put this in the Announcement area, I can't tell which model you have, sorry.

X7/X7 Ultimate
iMX6 (Android or MCE?)
Q7
M6

For now, please check the How To Access Your DroidBOX's Recovery Menu thread, and try a factory reset. If it then boots up correctly, proceed through the set up screens, and leave it at the Android launcher's homescreen for about twenty minutes. Then you'll still need to run the DroidBOX Wizard add-on in XBMC.

With the VIP remote control, please run through the steps here - VIP Remote Control - How To Pair It?[/QUOTE]
Hi, tried that to no avail im

Steve Tranter

Jul 22, 2014
As you've put this in the Announcement area, I can't tell which model you have, sorry.

X7/X7 Ultimate
iMX6 (Android or MCE?)
Q7
M6

With the VIP remote control, please run through the steps here - VIP Remote Control - How To Pair It?

No joy, I have no mini SD capability but tried the mini USB solution, the PC fails on the device driver install.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which part of the driver installation fails?

When Windows asks for a driver, exactly which directory do you point it to, and which error code is returned when the installation fails?

You can also perform the upgrade with a USB device, if you don't have a microSD card (you're sure you don't have one in a mobile phone or MP3 player btw?).
When you use a USB device, make sure it is was formatted with a FAT/FAT32 partition. Place the update.img file in the root of your USB device, connect it to your X7. Hold down the switch when you turn it on, and select
apply update from ext
then
update from usdisk
then select the update.img file.

rick_ca

Jul 26, 2014
Running into same problem followed the firmware upgrade for x7 AC8350 system didnt go into auto update instead went to a screen with 8 options on it but cannot move to apply update option using the remote, its almost like the remote isnt working put brand new batteries in remote and still nothing any surgestions

rick_ca

Jul 26, 2014
Great news finaly got my pc to see unit did the upgrade via rkbatch tool let it do the upgrade and left it overnight and box fired up

Reactions: ChrisM

rick_ca

Jul 26, 2014
Only thing I did was to remove the software I use for my samsung galaxy phone (i Used Revo Uninstaller) and then used the RKBatch tool from the download section

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Thanks for the info, I've passed it on to other colleagues. I'll make a note in the two firmware threads that this step should be attempted if problems occur with correct driver installation. Most appreciated.