Douglas phillips

Apr 10, 2015
I bought my droidbox x7 a couple of months and it was working fine. But in the last week it has been over heating (to the point were its almost to hot to touch) and switching off this is only after an hours use. The box hasn't been used that much an hour or two each week since I bought it. I have tried a factory reset etc and it's still over heating (the droid box is in an open space so plenty of air around it etc..) any suggestions on how to fix this?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sounds like you need to get in touch with the office, use the live chat or the email at the bottom of this page(contact us). Live chat is on our main site(office hour only)if you can have your purchase details like the ID number so we can sort this out thanks.
Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Can you make sure all vents are not covered, also when the box was delivered it has a plastic film cover on it. Can you just make sure it all of please. Thanks I will also send a Personal Message too, we don't normally work weekends so might be next week before you here anything.
Let me no how you get on please.
Dave

Douglas phillips

Apr 10, 2015
Hi Dave, Andrew has replied to my email asking me to send the box back to you guys which ill get done first thing Monday morning. all the vents are clear the box is sitting on top of table by itself with nothing around it to cover the vents, the plastic film cover was removed when i got it so isn't on it

thanks for you help

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I thought you would have taken the plastic off,but I have to ask. I sent a PM just after that message so the guys could already have the heads up.
Hope your box gets back to you soon and glad I could help you.
Thanks Dave.