barry

Jul 29, 2014
Hi have you got a link or advice on setting a static ip for my x7, I have my x7 for 7 months and I'm always trying to get more out of it thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
To set up a static IP, check through this post - http://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/473 , take note of some of the warnings there about either excluding your chosen static IP address from your modem/router's DHCP pool of available addresses, or at the very least, select a static IP address that is very high (and so less likely to be automatically assigned to a device on your network that is using DHCP).

To access the configuration, click on the Settings icon in the list of all apps. If you can see WiFi/Ethernet in a list on the left hand side, click on whichever you're using right now. If you can't see a long vertical list of Settings-related entries, click on the last tab on the right, and select the More/Advanced Settings button first.
If you're using WiFi, then please
Long click on the name of your WiFi network name and select Modify network
Click on the single down arrow at the bottom of the page if the on screen keyboard is in the way
Now tick the Show advanced options entry, leave Proxy at None, and change IP settings from DHCP to to static
You'll need to scroll the page down to see all th settings you need to enter. Once complete, click the Save button

If you're using Ethernet (a network cable) instead of WiFi, then please
Select the Ethernet entry
Now click on Static IP Settings
Tick the Use static IP box
Enter in all the details requested and click the go back/return key on your remote control
Confirm you want to save these details

That's it, you should be done. Different versions of Android may have slightly different labels, but the process above should hold true if you use a bit of logic.