stewart mcguire

Feb 2, 2015
Purchased off amazon today cant get past red standbye light ...stays on no matter whati do ....swapped remote batteries no different...help please

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Remote could be duff not sure how you can check tho the standard remote doesn't light up when you press a button.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Just a thought , can you turn the box on manually by pressing the button ( red light on box ) , if you can then it is probably the remote , if you can't then it looks like the box.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
To check standard infrared remote controls (doesn't work with remote controls that use a USB dongle to communicate with your device)....

Get your mobile phone and open the camera app.
Switch to the front facing camera (a lot less likely to have an infrared filter over the lens)
Point the remote control at your phone and press a few buttons
If the remote control is working, you'll see the IR LED on the remote flashing.
If you can't see an LED flashing, then try using a TV remote control to double check your phone isn't filtering out the infrared range of light.

You can also use older CCTV cameras if you're at work and don't have a phone on you.

If the X7's remote control is working fine (according to your camera), then can you e-mail us please ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Just a thought , can you turn the box on manually by pressing the button ( red light on box ) , if you can then it is probably the remote , if you can't then it looks like the box.
To check standard infrared remote controls (doesn't work with remote controls that use a USB dongle to communicate with your device)....

Get your mobile phone and open the camera app.
Switch to the front facing camera (a lot less likely to have an infrared filter over the lens)
Point the remote control at your phone and press a few buttons
If the remote control is working, you'll see the IR LED on the remote flashing.
If you can't see an LED flashing, then try using a TV remote control to double check your phone isn't filtering out the infrared range of light.

You can also use older CCTV cameras if you're at work and don't have a phone on you.

If the X7's remote control is working fine (according to your camera), then can you e-mail us please ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/
All good stuff to know , the OP is the person withe problem , i was trying to help him when i suggested it could be the box or remote but tx.

stewart mcguire

Feb 2, 2015
Just tried all above red stanbye staying on all time no change to blue light ....not allowing any pic to tv cause not out standbye ...sorry iam convinced it a faulty box but cheers for the help again

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Joe reid - Understood that, don't worry. I should have tagged @stewart mcguire at the start of my reply to make this clear. I "liked" your post as a mini thanks for responding to him.
@stewart mcguire Did you try the remote control on your phone's front facing camera? In terms of you having tried it all,does that include Joe's suggestion of using the power switch on the device?
Please e-mail us ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ and we'll get this sorted. If a factory reset doesn't help, we'll repair or replace the device in our office.

stewart mcguire

Feb 2, 2015
Yes all whats been suggested....rang company tel number too ...no joy tels me go through service n returns...but no address or tel number just need speak to a person sorryall