HANNAH1

Nov 27, 2015
I have a Droidbox mini and find when I do a search in google and come to a drop down box the items in the drop down box are greyed out. Is there a setting I can alter to make the drop down boxes active

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you provide a specific example?
There may be something in settings you can tweak when we know the issue you are talking about better.

HANNAH1

Nov 27, 2015
These are all sites I have gone to using the browser. It has happened when I was in a site one of which was paypal. I had two cards active. I went to the drop down box that lets you chose which card you want to use and the drop down box opens up and I can see the other card but it is greyed out so I can't access it. I have the same problem on other sites. I hope that lets you know the problem and how to solve it.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have no idea I'm sorry. I would be more inclined to do anything connected with finances on a tablet or PC (or a phone). Maybe it is a security thing at the PayPal end.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A quick Google shows lots of cases where fields are greyed out on PayPal for a whole variety of reasons. Maybe you could quote some different examples that don't involve banking or payment apps?

HANNAH1

Nov 27, 2015
Yes another example is http://activate.nbcsports.com. It has drop down boxes that show the items in the drop down box but are greyed out. I know this is a USA site but that doesn't affect the problem as I can use the site with or without a vpn and it works on other android boxes and on pc's its just two droidbox mini's the drop down box is greyed out. I would guess its a setting somewhere but don't know how to cure it.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok I tested this on a t8 mini running google chrome.

the box to select device is not greyed out - But it does not allow entry of the device type.

However, the list presented only has supported proprietary boxes in it, like Apple TV, Roku etc.

Clearly, android tv boxes Are not supported and hence the device type is not displayed.

This is pretty consistent with uk media apps like sky go, sky sports and BT sports etc.

There is an nbc apk in the Google play store (you may need a VPN to see it) but I bet this is restricted on android boxes. There used to be an nbc sports addon on Kodi but I don't think this is maintained any more as nbc changed their authorisation method. Maybe you could search for info on that.

So in conclusion, I don't think there is anything wrong with browsers running on the t8 mini.

As a matter of interest, on the android boxes where you say it is working, what device type did you select?

****update****
You may be able to get nbc sports extra via Kodi provided you have a subscription (and may need a VPN)
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-nbc-sports-extra-live-for-xbmc/

It is also worth seeing if the nbcextrasports app from Google play does actually work. (Again a subscription is probably needed plus VPN)

Last edited:

HANNAH1

Nov 27, 2015
I have found how to do it. It was a problem with google. In fact it greyed out all boxes on any site that had them, even the Post Office drop down boxes didn't work. THE SOLUTION. I downloaded Firefox and everything works perfectly. This can be found in google play store.

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Well done. Be interested in which box it (the nbc sports) allows you to select though.

HANNAH1

Nov 27, 2015
The Droidbox T8 worked without ant problem. The T8S had the same problem as the Mini but both working using Firefox