Sam booth

Dec 13, 2015
Hi Guys

We are new to this Kodi stuff and Dad and I have been trying to help mum watch strictly!! However although I found the iplayer in the add ons it won't let us watch anything and I can't download the app as it can't be found in the store for some reason!
When we press to watch a programme in the iplayer we get an error message that says check the log for information. We can't find this illusive log anywhere and can't figure out how to fix this at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On another note out of curiosity can you store stuff like box sets or movies or is everything streamed?

Many thanks :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would use the google play store version of iplayer rather than the kodi addon.

Storage tends to be limited on android boxes so if you intend downloading films you will need to store them externally unless you have one of the T8-S with an internal HDD.

Reactions: Qaisir

Sam booth

Dec 13, 2015
Hi thanks my parents have the T8 model and I've tried searching for the iplayer but can only find bbc media player in the App Store. I found the iplayer on one of the menus in the Kodi but as I said it came up with the error message.
I've read some of the other posts and am very confused where will I find the Genesis people are talking about and how can I tell which version my parents have and check the IP address is correct ie. Set to uk even though they live in Spain. Sorry for all the questions but parents bought this great box which looks amazing but can't work it and unfortunately I don't have a clue either so have a couple of days to read up and get it sorted for them lol !!! Else we'll all be pulling our hair out!!
Thanks again for your help :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Iplayer is definitely in the Google App Store. However it is possible that geo blocking is preventing your parents viewing it if they are in Spain. Maybe using a VPN would help although I've heard the BBC is starting to block people using those.
If the box was bought from droidbox then you will be able to run the wookie wizard which will set up your addons including Genesis and the rest. Go to system - settings - addons - install from zip file. You should see an entry in the list like .wookie wizard. Click on it to install it. Then go to programs and complete the installation by running the wizard which you should see as an icon. Follow the on screen instructions to do the install. Use the retro version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam booth

Sam booth

Dec 13, 2015
Thanks so much I will try this. When we open up Kodi it's opened up with Wookie so would we still need to do this?

Thanks sorry to be thick !! :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Tunnel bear is a VPN and may work with your box. There are many others. Some don't support android tv boxes. You can usually sign up to free limited bandwidth trials though so do that before committing to buy. Type something like best android Vpns in Google to see what's available. Maybe other expats viewing this thread can suggest something.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If it opens up with wookie then you already have all the addons you want installed. Switch to the confluence skin (system - settings - appearance - skins - select Confluence). When you see the confluence skin, look under the videos menu bar - addons. They'll all be there.

Sam booth

Dec 13, 2015
Thank you so much that has helped a lot we've followed your instructions and now it's actually fairly straightforward to use and more user friendly :) we did have a different skin and that def made a difference. sorry about the other post I stupidly thought initially it would be 2 different things and don't know to delete the post!

Reactions: ChrisM