Stoner

Feb 15, 2018
I'm having issues moving files on external USB with es explorer, up till several hours ago I could move, delete etc files to and from the flash drive.

After formatting to remove a improper unmount flag, when I tried to allow es explorer access to the drive it kept on unmounting when I changed it to ntfs it just gives me errors. No idea why it's not working any more.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which DroidBOX model is this on? If you have access to OpenELEC/LibreELEC on it, https://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/838/ (2nd post for commands) might be worth a try. Ah, no hang on, just read it to the end and it doesn't survive a reboot. Might be worth trying the commands in Android via a Terminal app (one of https://play.google.com/store/search?q=terminal&c=apps if you don't have one installed already.
Also, what size is the hard drive? If very large, might be worth adding a small test partition at the start of the drive, and seeing if Android is happier with that.
Finally, is the USB device powered solely by USB, or does it have its own power supply?

Stoner

Feb 15, 2018
I actually don't have a problem using the drive normally, it's just I can't move from internal storage to external (128gb thumb drive) my only issue is that I formatted it and now I have no permissions to write to it with es explorer any more, if it was using exfat file system the drive unmounts when I go through the motions of allowing access, with ntfs I just get a failure to copy or move, no issues with local transfers .

Main reason I want the ability is so when I don't want to move many files I FTP in to copy 2 or 3 then move to external, had no issues before.

Stoner

Feb 15, 2018
actually, l found something strange, the internal file manager actually allows me some functionality such as deleting of files, only reason l went for a third party one is that l had a more understandable GUI.