gez18

Sep 9, 2014
Hi I tried to use my x7 box via the Ethernet cable but when I did nothing worked as wen I went onto add ons nothing was in there do I have to do something also I tried to watch transformers 3d the picture was great but the picture was jerky n Judery but not by buffering.. Do u think I need a better spec hdmi cable ie hdmi 1.4 or won't it make any difference
Cheers for any help James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Re the HDMI cable, unless you're using very long lengths of cable, or have an AV setup that costs thousands of pounds, an HDMI cable will either work or not work, with nothing in between.
When you plugged in the ethernet cable, did you switch off the WiFi and turn on the LAN/Ethernet option? Did it pick up an IP address? The following post is for a different model, but if you go about 1/3 of the way down the page, you'll see a summary of the WiFi/Ethernet menus - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/imx6-DroidBOX-set-up-guide/ . If you don't see the normal Android Settings menu when you click on Settings, go to the last tab, and click on More or Advanced settings.
If you open the Android browser, can you visit websites OK? If you plug a laptop into the same network cable as your X7 is using, and turn of the laptop's WiFi, does the laptop connect to the internet OK?
Re Transformers 3D, it might be worth looking for a different source, assuming multiple sites are listed as hosting the file. Which add-on were you using?

gez18

Sep 9, 2014
Hi yeah I did all that but I'll try again.... For the transformer film I tried huge files and billion uploads from mash up both were the same :( all the 3d films were like that my internet is noy 4.7 Mbps so not the quickest but soon we should b getting infinity in our village... I'm not using URE hdmi one that came from u as I needed a longer one could it be cause I brought a cheapie from ebay....

Thanks

gez18

Sep 9, 2014
Also it doesn't find the ip addy it's all 0.0 etc

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Re IP address, are you able to visit websites when your DroidBOX is connected via the cable? If so, don't worry, it sounds like you may have opened up the manual configuration window, where you enter details if you don't want your modem/router to automatically assign (DHCP) your device an IP address.

In terms of 3D jerkiness, can you press the MENU or C (as in between X and V) button on your remote control, when you would normally press OK and the film would then immediately start playing.
Is there an option there to download the film? If so, download it first, then play it locally. You may need to configure the add-on first (again, instead of clicking on the add-on name, highlight it and press the MENU/C button, then select the Settings option). Remember which folder you tell the add-on to download into (preferably an external SD card or USB device, as you may not have enough space to download it all onto internal storage). Then use ES File Explorer to navigate to that folder, click on the film and select MX Player.

Depending on the compression (codec) used, you may find 4.7Mbps isn't fast enough for for watching a 3D film without downloading it first, see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-fast-does-my-internet-need-to-be-for-streaming-video/ .

gez18

Sep 9, 2014
Thanks for all that it does sound like my net speed... I'll try putting it on a USB stick first to check it isn't a terrible copy etc...Also before all that I'll just give ure cable a whirl as when I first got it I watched frozen 3d with out any trouble and this way I can rule each one out as I go lol

Reactions: ChrisM