robit

Jun 6, 2015
Hi all,

I have a weird problem with the Ethernet port on my T8SE. It will cut out and stops working within 10-20 minutes. If I unplug the cable from the back and plug it back again, the connection works fine again until it stops again. I changed cables to no avail, made sure my sky broadband shield was off etc.

My sky router has only two Ethernet ports so one going to an Ethernet switch (not gigabit) and from there one to sky hub, one to tv and one into the droidbox. The hub and tv have no problems with connections.

When it stops working and I go into Network, it still says Ethernet connected but it isn’t. Google says I’m offline and not until I pull out the Ethernet cable and back again that it will start working.

The only other way to get it working again without pulling the cable out and put it back, is to turn the box off and on.

Does anyone have any ideas on this please? It may still be a sky problem but apart from the sky shield I’ve no idea what if anything needs to be off.

Best regards,

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
We have had this issue reported a few times with Sky routers. Go into the router settings and change the IP address for the T8 SE to a static one. You may need to change the settings to static on the T8 SE as well.

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Think I cracked it!
I replaced my ethernet switch to a gigabit one, also enabled wifi as well. Not 100% sure which one had the effect, but at least I don't get disconnected any more.
Regards,