triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Hi
I have a T8 and recently (maybe 2 weeks ago) we noticed Exodus has stopped working. Is there an update or some sort of fix available?
Also, where can we watch sports now, is there an App or an AddOn available?
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Covenant is the replacement for Exodus.
Sports devil is still going.
Bennu (was phoenix), Bob unrestricted, live premiership etc all have sports sections. Check the bestforkodi site or kodi tips for the latest. You will probably get better results with a vpn.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Thanks for that. Where can I get these addons? Is there a youtube clip or something I can follow?

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Also, Sportsdevil is not working on my box. Is there a fix/update for that?
Thanks
PS Whats a vpn?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The 2 web pages i reference in my earlier post will help you with installation.
Get the latest version of sportsdevil while you are at it. At least a version later than 20 08 2017.
Read here for info on a vpn and why it may be more and more useful particularly for sports streaming

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/vpn-introduction/

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
OK, I've downloaded the zip file from the Github page link onto a memory stick and plugged this into the T8, what do I do now? Sorry for being a pest but not too good with techy stuff.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Normally you would download the zip file containing a repository / addon directly to the box using a web browser, although you can use a USB as well (presumably you downloaded it on some other device).

The normal installation route is to go to Kodi - system - settings (edited) - Addons - install from zip file.

In the panel that appears, which is like a file directory, you will need to search for the zip file either in your default android download folder or in your case, see where the USB stick has been mapped.

You can then install the zip file

You might find it easier to use the Ares Wizard which amongst other things, acts as a one stop shop for installing many popular Addons. Check the ares project blog for a how to on installing that.

Last edited:

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
from Kodi,I can see system, system again but then no option for addons. I get 'video output, audio output,input devices,power saving and debugging'. Any thoughts?

dick b

Jan 24, 2017
as said its easier with ares.
you can get sportsdevil and covenant from the colossus repo. go to file manager add source and type_http://ares-repo.eu (ignore the _ ) and name it *ares, then install from zip file>ares>ok>repositoryaresproject-0.0.8 zip.then install from repository>ares project>programm addons>ares wizard.then find your programm addons and click on Ares wizard wait for it to load>click on browse addons>repositories>colossus.back to install from repository>colossus repository>video addons and install the addons you want. you dont say what skin you are using as there are different routes to file manager and install from zip file for confluence and estuary,but you should be able to find them

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
ok, making progress now!
I have completed up to naming it *ares. Now in 'file manager' the 'repositoryaresproject-0.0.8.zip' is scrolloing across the top of the left hand side of the screen (A) but there is no option for 'proramme addons'. The options avaiable are 'addon.xml, changelog.txt, fanart.jpg and icon.png, I am using confluence skin.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So after setting it up in file manager (after hitting done)
Exit to system -settings - addons (apologies for an extra "system" in my earlier post) - then install from zip file.
Find the ares entry and click on it.
You should see 1 entry for the repository.
Install it.
Exit and now go to settings - addons - install from repository.
Click on program addons and select ares wizard.

To open it go to programs on the confluence menu bar. And it will be under program addons.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Getting close now!
When I click on the *ares entry the repository.aresproject-0.0.8.zip is there. How do I Install it?. If I click on it I get the 4 option listed previously (addon.xml etc)

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Thanks sean99, that is exactly the sort of guide I need. Just one glitch, the guide says to go to AddOns from my home page but I don't see an icon for Addons. My homepage has 6 coloured boxes with 'Online Video, My Apps, Settings, Kodi, Music and Local' marked on them. Where do I find the initial Addons icon?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
ares wizard will be in programs once installed, then when you install an addon from ares it will be found in video addons under videos. Also if you need to install from zip file and repository goto system/ add-ons

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, If you have already installed the Ares Wizard from the repository, open kodi go to > programs > programs add-ons > then click on the Ares Wizard to open it.

If you have not installed the repository in kodi go to > system > add-ons > install from zip file > click on ares > repository aresproject-xxx.zip > then install from repository > ares project > program add-ons > and install the ares wizard, when it's installed then follow what I said above in kodi > programs > program-add-ons > click on the ares wizard to open it

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Hi
I get as far as the AresProject Addon enabled but then get stuck. Can't see any option to 'install from repository'. Think I'm missing a step somewhere

dick b

Jan 24, 2017
exit back to your home page then highlight "system">ok>highlight "addons">ok then you should see the "install from repository"option highlight it>ok.
now highlight ares project>ok highlight program addons>ok highlight ares wizard>ok.
now exit back to your home page and highlight programs>ok highlight ares wizard>ok and wait for it to load.
now highlight browse addons>okhighlight video addons>ok highlight the addon you want then move right to highlight "install">ok.
exit back to home screen highlight videos and drop to highlight addons>ok.your newly installed addon should now show.

Last edited:

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Thanks for that.
From the first line of your instructions, system, then addons brings up a page with no 'install from repository' option. There is 'install from zip file' 'get addons' disabled addons' enabled addons' 'get addons' available updates' check for updates' and 'search'. Is it one of these or is a step missing somewhere?