gwbuk1

Sep 29, 2014
plus.google.com
I have a Q7 and have run out of internal memory space for any more apps. Can I install and run apps from the external memory and if so how do I do it ?....thanks.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It is possible, however it is not an easy process to tweak Android this way, and it doesn't work, especially on Android 4.4 devices - when did you purchase your Q7, as we may be lucky and have an older version of Android on your device.
Another thing you can try is to open up ES File Explorer or File Manager HD and navigate to your /Downloads folder. Either delete or move to external storage anything you don't absolutely need on the device right now. Once you've cleared enough space, read http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/tweaking-apps.102/ and install CCleaner. If the Play Store complains that you've still not enough space for that app, then please do the following:
Open the list of Android apps on your device and select Settings (if your launcher has a shortcut for Settings, feel free to use that instead). Click on the Apps entry and scroll to the bottom of the list. Click on the XBMC entry, and select the Clear CACHE button. This should be enough to give us some breathing room.
Now return to the Play Store and install CCleaner. Once it is installed, open it and perform a clean up of your device. You may see 2-400Mb of space instantly reclaimed.
Next, head back to that thread I linked to here, and this time read about and install ZDBox. Once installed, try their Cleanup Process (top left of the middle tab the last time I checked). After that, click on the Uninstall button, and sort the apps into size order. You'll be able to see which applications are hogging the most space. If you see any listed that you never use, you can uninstall it from here. If you're not certain if it is safe to do so, please do let us know the name of the app, and we'll check it for you.