sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Stumbled across this tool to clear cache, purge packages and remove thunbnails from within kodi. Have tested and is as good if not better for its ease of use than ares maintenance. Its from the Schism TVAddons repo and add this in file manager to get http://www.schism-tv.net/repo/

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just out of interest open /watch a few streams then use xunity maintenance or maintenance tool to do a cleanup then straight away use ares maintenance. You will see there are still things need cleaning in ares to clean (hence they do not clean everything) Now try the same test with ez and ares:)

Last edited:

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
OK Here Goes!!! xunity maintenance then to ARES. In ARES there was still a lot to clean so ARES for me is the better choice.
THEN!!!! EZ Maintenance - cleaned all cache, Packages and thumbnails. Back into ARES - there was still 3 packages and some thumbnails although a lot less, there was still files for ARES to clear.
I think I will stick with ARES but keep EZ Maintenance - use both with EZ first.
Just what I found.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Ok nice 1 also ez is good as can be used as a widget unlike ares, each time I used it then ares it left 1 file in thumbnails. So for ease of use and the info from it at boot up I will use it regulary.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ye, I see on Boot that it has status updates at the bottom of the screen - good point. I think in my case I will just use both - only takes a minute or two to be sure everything is clear.
Nice 1

Reactions: sean99

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
is Mucky ducks the only addon that has refresh. I find refresh usueful as it trigers kodi to update addons

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
yeh i set mine to auto update wot i mean is that the refresh trigers the auto update it!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Auto update means what it says. It does not need any user intervention. No refresh or whatever. That is the point.

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you want to trigger updates just go to system, add-ons and here you should have My add-ons at the top now move your cursor arrow to the left, that's next to OK on the a standard remote. You should now get a list , near the bottom you can Check for updates manually.
If you have an air mouse just click on the arrow on the left side.

Hope this helps

Reactions: ChrisM