busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Hi guys, my daughter and boyfriend have just ordered a T8-S Plus :)

Was just wondering is it safe for them to open the DroidBox play market now?

I deleted it off my 8 Plus after the blue screen hit a few people, also will it come with the latest ROM?

And lastly is the blutooth sorted on all new boxes being sent out? Still deciding whether to send mine back
for the fix, I'd only use it for the games controller which I don't own (yet lol)

Thanks guys!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi there, I first opened the thread on the blue screen of death from using the play market and its been running very well since I did the same as yourself and uninstalled it. Think its a risk using it and am waiting for an official word from the guys at db if I were to install it again (probably never will as I only stream anyway) not sure on the bluetooth issue.

Reactions: busapaul

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Thanks sean99, with luck we'll get a reply from the guys at DB.

I'll just pre warn them not to use the market and avoid OTA for the time being.

I forgot to mention these small issues when I recommended the Droidbox T8-S Plus to them.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Other than play market and the ota they are a fantastic bit of kit and you will struggle to find a better box for the price on the market, minor teething problems that will get ironed out and your very welcome hope they enjoy.

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Agreed mate, these are the box that I recommend to all my friends!

In fact I've been considering the game bundle T8-S Plus, if I could be sure the market ect worked on it I may have already pulled the
trigger :)

Reactions: sean99

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Bluetooth - yes definitely fine, no fixes required
Play Market - I'd play it safe for now, on the T8-S Plus and not install/use it. Our coders are working on a few projects, it hasn't been forgotten about.

Reactions: busapaul

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Thanks for the reply SS!

I have told them to avoid the Play Market for the time being, cheers.