bflemmo

Feb 20, 2015
I have an imx6 and have a couple problems within Xbmc
1: when trying to play films (on genesis) many films and their streams come up with check log file details.

2: sometimes when I'm waiting for the film to load or a few minutes into it, the film jumps back to the streams page.

hope you can help

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If a video stream linked to doesn't exist anymore, you'll get error messages stored in your log.
You'll also get errors if your ISP are filtering the website, as it still appears that the file doesn't exist.
Check through https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/uk-isps-blocking-content-how-to-remove-2/ for some more background on the filters/blocks some ISPs use - you may be able to turn some of them off.
Re films jumping back to the XBMC main menu, this shouldn't be happening, definitely. Can you either e-mail us (see https://droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ for details), or contact us on the live chat system during office hours - found at the bottom of https://DriodBOX.co.uk , and we'll try a different build of XBMC on your device.

bflemmo

Feb 20, 2015
Thankyou but as for the first problem I believe it isn't to do with being blocked/ restrictions as my sister also has a box in the house and hers works fine and it's the same model

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi might be time to run the wizard again and also run the unblock in the wizard menu. Check on how to on this forum as you must clear memory before running and unplug after the wizard has finished...is this box android or the Linux build of xbmc.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
On this one, and it does have the wizard on it, only trying to help as it can get frustrating when the fault isn't in front of you. Not all boxes run the same if they did we wouldn't need help.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
  1. Sorry, is it only Genesis it does this, try unstalling it. I've got this box and sometimes after its been updated it needs a refresh. Uninstall Genesis then go to Lambda and reinstall and check. Also are you on Frodo because this isn't supported and some repos are now saying dependancies not supported.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@bflemmo - If another box is able to access everything, then can you try the following please:
Exit XBMC (if it is running)
Open the Browser or Chrome app on your DroidBOX device.
Allow the homepage to load. Do you get a message from your ISP at all? If not, look on the bottom/side of your modem/router for the default IP address. It will be something like 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.254, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254
Enter that IP address into the address bar of your browser and visit it. If asked for a user/pwd, again check the bottom/side of your modem/router.
Once this has been done, reboot your DroidBOX, and try XBMC again.