flaz

Aug 10, 2014
Any news of a Firmware update to Kit Kat? As I have installed Gotham on my imx6 but the video is really jerky. I have tried the advanced video settings to no avail. Also Gotham is not getting Superuser access. Should I go back to Frodo?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Although not official, if the Gotham build of XBMC is important to you, there is a MCE/Linux firmware for iMX6 devices that other customers have flashed and are happy using. I'm not aware of an official DroidBOX KitKat ROM that has passed testing, though it might be worth checking over at http://www.freaktab.com/ occasionally to see if any of the coders there release anything. I see RockChip based firmwares there most of the time, but if you search for AMLogic in their sub-forums, you may come across coders writing KK for iMX6 type devices.
Re Frodo, if you're wanting to stay with Android, then yes, I'd revert to Frodo.

flaz

Aug 10, 2014
Thanks for your prompt answer. I'll check the Linux firmware out. Is it possible to flash back to Android if it doesn’t work?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the firmware flashes, but doesn't work well for you, you can flash back. If the flashing procedure doesn't work, it is possible to recover from this sometimes. However, as it isn't an official firmware, the warranty would be voided.
If you can't find a link to this Linux/MCE firmware, send an e-mail to [email protected] , with a link to your post - http://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/2030/ - and mention that SilentlyScreaming said to pass on the non-DroidBOX iMX6 MCE Gotham firmware. If you want the DroidBOX Wizard add-on address, include your original order details (order ID (very long number from Amazon or eBay) and your account ID with Amazon/eBay, or if you purchased it directly from our website, our order ID).

flaz

Aug 10, 2014
Nice one. I'll send the email now. Thanks for your help mate .:)